Laureate Education is seeking an experienced Senior IT SOX Compliance Analyst - Process and Technology Automation to work with the SOX Compliance team in Baltimore, MD. This position will be contributing to a Center of Excellence that will anticipate, recognize and manage all facets of IT risks, including but not limited to regulatory compliance (SOX, FERPA, PCI; Privacy Laws). This role will interact regularly with IT and finance leadership to provide technical SOX guidance/support. The candidate will participate with scoping, development and implementation of global and regional IT SOX compliance processes, lead quarterly access reviews and develop and conduct SOX compliance training. This position will also be responsible for conducting SOX Compliance readiness reviews throughout the global regions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Increase knowledge of ITGC throughout the Laureate network and ensure consistent control execution
Accountable for drafting, rolling out and enforcing comprehensive policies, procedures, SOPs and IT Compliance playbooks
Establish automated controls for ITGC and establishing a strong ICFR environment
Communicate lessons learned and disclose leading practices across groups
Identify process inefficiencies and make recommendations for improvement.
Review of IT policies vs. processes, and procedures developed by IT Teams
Reviews existing IT compliance controls for regulatory updates and creates communication learning program for the IT Teams as necessary to incorporate new requirements
Will develop a compliance and gap analysis process for new IT organizations to help them comply with audit requirements
Responsible for working with Internal Control and Internal Audit to develop and maintain various internal and external audit and compliance schedules for Information Technology (IT)
Applies COBIT5, COSO, ITILv3, Agile frameworks to remediation efforts; provides guidance to IT Compliance Director and Regional Managers in reengineering of processes and procedures in need of remediation
Will serve as liaison with Internal Audit as well as with auditors to refine the auditing process.
Participates in the design of compliance programs to ensure ongoing evaluation and validation of IT control effectiveness; perform other duties as assigned.
Collaborate directly with the Director of IT SOX Compliance – Process and Technology Automation to promote and enforce the CoE compliance initiatives with the regional leaders.
- 6+ years of work experience in IT Audit, Compliance and/or Public Accounting. Experience in a large accounting firm with SEC Clients preferred
- Knowledge and experience in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) IT General Controls regulation is required
- Knowledge of other privacy, PCI & FERPA regulations desired
- Multiple language skills preferred: Spanish, Portuguese, English
- Knowledge of process improvement and project management methodologies
- Effectively influences and guides others across various organizational structures using strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to collaborate with multinational teams
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial
- Ability to decipher and apply knowledge of regulatory requirements
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects under time constraints
- Ability to adapt to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment including multi-level staff and external partners
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or Accounting; ISACA CISA, CISM, CGEIT, CISSP, CRISC professional certifications desirable
- Technical Knowledge
- Sensitivity to customer needs
- Excellent Oral and Written Communications Skills
- Strong orientation toward high standards for customer service
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving skills
- Detail orientation, and the ability to record, organize, and communicate detail
- An interest in people, and the ability to grow relationships
- A broad technical knowledge base, with the ability and desire to keep informed of emerging technology.
- Skill in organizing and motivating resources, and the ability to drive and account for work
- A propensity and willingness to learn new technologies
- Sense of urgency