Administrative Assistant - OT job in Austin
Company Name:Laureate Education
Education & Training
Certified B Corporation
State / Province:
The administrative assistant maintains a calendar and schedules items, screens calls, takes messages, responds to inquiries, keeps files, directs the flow of information, does research, prepares documents, proofreads a wide variety of documentation including committee reports, correspondence, memos, statistical charts, newsletters, forms, website content, and so on.
The assistant reviews materials for completeness and accuracy, understands and applies applicable policies and procedures, regulations, and rules, and organizes and maintains various administrative, reference, and other files. The assistant also identifies and processes documents for archiving or destruction; maintains organization of policies and procedures; keeps current documents available, operates and maintains a wide‐variety of office equipment including copiers, fax machines, scanners, and computers. He or she works with vendors and service providers to keep office systems functioning smoothly at all times, maintains office furniture, suggests improvements, implements changes as needed or directed; manages office consumables including office supplies, the postage system, printer and copier supplies, and stationary, and maintains the telephone and computer systems.
Roles and Responsibilities
The primary responsibility of the Administrative Assistant is office and administrative support, facilities, mail, and physical asset management functions.
The Administrative Assistant provides administrative support and coordination activities for a team of people.
A typical job description for the Administrative Assistant role may include:
- Performs a variety of administrative functions.
- Schedules appointments, gives information to callers, and takes dictation.
- Composes memos, transcribes notes, and researches and creates presentations.
- Generates reports, handles multiple projects, and prepares and monitors invoices and expense reports.
- May assist with compiling and developing the annual budget.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Performs a variety of tasks.
- Works under general supervision.
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Requires a high school diploma with 2-4 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Experience in higher education preferred
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Intermediate to advanced experience with Microsoft Office products such as Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
ref: (SB_8927) 28 days agoBack to search results