Corporate Sustainability Intern job in Gloucester
Vacancy has expired
Pure Strategies is seeking Interns to contribute to our team that is transforming business through sustainability performance.
Pure Strategies’ Interns gain real world experience in the field of corporate sustainability and have an exciting opportunity to contribute to the company’s leading market research program. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of working independently, critical analysis, collaboration, written communication, and providing high quality results.
This is an unpaid position with a commitment of 15-30 hours per week, with the schedule dependent on the applicant’s availability and the project needs. Internships are available year round with a minimum commitment of eight weeks, with several opportunities available during the summer beginning in May/June. The experience is set-up to provide training and learning for the student while working with the Pure Strategies team. Internships could be structured to serve as capstone or independent study projects, depending on the school’s program requirements.
This is a telecommuting position that requires an appropriate home office set-up. The role will be working closely and regularly interacting with Pure Strategies staff.
• Support the research team investigating a variety of corporate, product, and supply chain sustainability issues including but not limited to: conducting literature reviews; collecting, organizing and analyzing data; and benchmarking corporate activities.
• Carefully document research and work progress.
• Synthesize and report findings for internal audiences.
• Help create tools to assist businesses and industry to develop sustainable practices and become sustainable organizations.
• Gain practical research experience and build knowledge in the sustainability field.
• Graduate students in an MBA program or in a sciences or sustainability area of study are preferred; Junior or Senior Undergraduate students obtaining a degree in engineering, science, or sustainability areas of study are also invited to apply.
• Versatile self-starter that can quickly learn and work independently.
• Strong English verbal and written communication skills.
• Proven research and analytical skills and problem solving ability.
• Proficient with PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
• Ability to be flexible and manage multiple tasks.
• Superior time management skills and highly organized.
• Careful attention to detail.
• Knowledge of corporate sustainability.
• Ability to work well in a virtual team environment.
How to Apply
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis throughout the year, but to be considered for summer internships please submit your application before March 31st. Complete applications must include a cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three references. Send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading: Corporate Sustainability Intern.
Pure Strategies is a leading U.S. sustainability-consulting firm committed to transforming business through sustainability performance and was founded in 1998. We help organizations improve environmental and social performance through green product design and production, sustainable materials, strong community relationships and transparent measures of progress. Our consultancy team includes experts in corporate sustainability strategy, green product design, green manufacturing, and assessments of materials and chemicals. Pure Strategies is based in Gloucester, Massachusetts with an office in Virginia. For more information, see www.purestrategies.com