The Director of Marketing will lead the development and execution of marketing strategies for Walden University, specifically the Riley College of Education and Leadership. This individual is responsible for understanding the target markets, their educational needs, our program offerings, benefits, and differentiators and working with cross-functional teams to develop and execute strategies to support college and university objectives. This person will also be charged with augmenting brand equity and thought leadership, differentiation, a content strategy, and ultimately new enrollments for the college.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop the strategy and annual plans to drive Walden awareness, interest and enrollments for the programs in the Riley College of Education and Leadership.
- Develop the marketing strategy for target audiences/programs: Work with academic leadership, product management, market research, and enrollment management to develop an in-depth understanding of the target markets, and apply these learnings to develop a strategic marketing plan to reach the respective audiences.
- Represent the marketing team as a member of the product cross-functional team. Identify issues; engage appropriate marketing team members as necessary.
- Ensure audience-marketing plans are synergistic with overall educational institution positioning and strategies.
- Develop unique messaging and positioning for the audience area and respective educational programs.
- Analyze the market and our competitors; develop recommendations to improve our competitive positioning based on findings.
- Develop and implement content strategy based on personas, geographies, stages in the customer journey, prospect needs and concerns.
- Lead cross-functional execution of all marketing plan initiatives.
- Track performance of marketing strategy through measurement and analysis of prospective student inquiries, conversion, and retention to understand effectiveness and ROI.
- Interface effectively with Product Management, Enrollment Management, Digital Lead Gen, CRM team, Business Development, and Academic leadership to collaborate on marketing strategies.
- Provide timely and accurate communication to Enrollment, Product Management, Digital Lead Gen, and Business Development Teams to ensure awareness of and participation in all marketing initiatives.
- Manage a marketing budget.
- Track, synthesize and evaluate program level business results in order to adjust or improve marketing strategy to optimize performance to achieve stated objectives.
- Support digital marketing efforts for SEO optimization and personalization
Act as key liaison for College Leadership and Business Development/Partnerships
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 10+ years marketing management experience required.
- Bachelors' degree required. MBA or graduate level education desirable but not necessary for success.
- Brand management experience with a consumer packaged goods, service, education, publishing, or media company preferred.
- Experience with digital and content marketing is required. Strong knowledge of social media principles is preferred.
- Digital advertising, direct or web marketing experience is a plus.
- Experience in understanding market research and business analytics; integrate with market and product knowledge, to develop marketing strategies and plans for the audience. Exceptional problem solving and analytic skills.
- Possess strong leadership abilities in the areas of managing and executing marketing programs and tactics.
- Experience in developing creative marketing plans and tactics to drive lead generation, conversion and retention.
- Must be intelligent, professional, mature, well organized.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, matrixed environment.
- Excels in data driven based decision making
- Must have experience developing and managing a budget and understanding financial implications of marketing programs.
- Experience managing strategic projects, ability to understand the big picture. Ability to develop strategy and implement it.
- Strong presentation and meeting facilitation skills. Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- A good listener, collaborator, and influencer.
- Ability to interface with people at all levels within the organization.
- High level of enthusiasm and dynamism, functions well in a team-driven and highly creative environment.
- Strong organizational, prioritization and time management skills.
- Previous experience in the higher education marketplace is a plus as well.