Production Coordinator job in New York City
Warby Parker is looking for a collaborative and detail-oriented Production Coordinator to support our global sourcing and procurement efforts. The person in this position will play an important role in implementing Warby Parker’s strategic sourcing strategy for both product manufacturers and raw materials suppliers.
You’ll act as the main point of contact for day-to-day vendor operations with the goal of obtaining the best quality, service, and value for products through effective supplier management and negotiations. Additional responsibilities include accurately capturing data in our proprietary systems, optimizing our current processes/tools for efficiency and scalability, and metrics development and reporting. In this position, you’ll report to our Vendor Manager.
What you’ll do:
- Serve as the main point of contact for vendor communication from development pass-off through to bulk shipment hand-off to the logistics team
- Implement supplier strategy and execution on quality, performance, and cost targets
- Maintain production time and action calendars to ensure on-time sample and bulk production deliveries
- Analyze raw material usage ahead of PO placement, proactively planning to avoid liabilities
- Participate in vendor forecasting and assigning the right product mix to the appropriate vendors
- Track purchase orders (POs) to ensure on-time and in-full deliveries (and hold a weekly review with cross-functional department leads based on exception-level reporting and solutions-based recommendations)
- Troubleshoot delivery concerns as they arise as well as potential quality issues; maintain databases for managing all product details including proprietary tools
- Track and process all product invoices to A/P for payment
- Collaborate on cross-functional issues/projects with internal stakeholders, such as DC operations (and other supply chain teams), product design and development, merchandising, technology, and finance/accounting
- Propose and execute process improvements to reduce supply chain variability in lead time, costs, and quality
- Gather data to analyze both internal processes and vendor performance in order to inform future strategies
Who you are:
- Equipped with 1–3 years of manufacturing, supply chain, management consulting, or finance experience
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to foster strong cross-functional relationships
- Process-oriented (you know how to define goals and measure success)
- Detail-oriented *and* aware of the big picture
- Experienced at working with international vendors (to some capacity) including knowledge of international logistics and production flow
- A clear and effective communicator (both online and offline!)
- An overall positive person with a can-do attitude
- Able to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency
- Proficient in Excel
Warby Parker was founded in 2010 with a lofty objective: to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses. By circumventing traditional channels and designing our frames in house, we’re able to offer insanely high-quality eyewear at decidedly non-insane prices (i.e., from $95 with prescription lenses—a fraction of the going price!).
In the last eight years, we’ve grown to over 60 retail locations in the U.S. and Canada, opened our first optical lab in upstate New York, and launched two of our own iOS apps. And for three years running, Fast Company has named us one of the world’s most innovative companies.
We also hold ourselves to the highest standards of social and environmental responsibility. This means lots of different things, like operating carbon-neutrally and distributing a pair of glasses to someone in need for every pair we sell. (We’re big believers that businesses can scale and be profitable while doing good in the world.)
Of course, all work and no play makes an extremely dull office, and no one likes an extremely dull office. (We sure don’t.) As an employee at Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings, guest speakers, volunteering opportunities, and other brain- (and/or taste-bud-) stimulating activities. It also doesn’t hurt that our team is just great company.
Some benefits and perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Flexible “My Time” vacation policy
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Cell phone plan reimbursement
- A health-and-wellness stipend
- Free eyewear (plus discounts for friends and family)
- And more (just ask!)