Warehouse Operations Manager - St. Louis, MO job in St. Louis
|Company Type:||Certified B Corporation|
|Industry:||Consumer Packaged Goods Manufacturing|
|Impact Area:||Environmental Sustainability|
|Company Name:|| Grove Collaborative|
|State / Province:||Missouri (MO)|
We are looking for a Warehouse Operations Manager who will join our team and provide hands-on leadership and mentoring to supervisors and staff of a busy warehouse. This individual will be innovative and experienced in operational management, customer service, team building and ownership.
This position oversees three supervisors, who in turn provide daily direction to Leads in Shipping and Receiving; Returns and Inventory Management; and Pick/Pack Fulfillment team.
● Responsible for delivering financial goals while maintaining all service level standards
● Oversees entire warehouse flow and all operations
● Responsible for performance metrics, mentoring and training team members on departmental and company goals and procedures
● Responsible for resource planning and management of variable payroll and peak season needs
● Overall hiring, mentorship and leadership of 30+ employee warehouse
● Supervise the coordination of logistics (LTL and UPS, Ontrac, USPS/small package)
● Along with Senior Manager, responsible for negotiating contracts associated with DC activities
● Actively participate in annual inventory management with Finance and Operations and on-going cycle counting
● Facility management as required by us as a tenant. Liaison with landlord regarding facility matters
● Ensure the safety of the team and in compliance with OSHA and other federal, state and local government regulations
● 7+ years distribution center or warehouse operations experience required including at least 3+ years management experience in a DC environment.
● Experience using Warehouse Management Systems
● Continuous improvement experience required. Six Sigma Certified a plus
● Outstanding communication, writing and interpersonal skills
● Capable of making reliable decisions
● Demonstrated analysis/assessment capabilities
● High energy level, with the ability and desire to be part of a proactive, solution-oriented, customer-focused team
● Must be able to function effectively as a coach/leader in a team environment and earn the respect of team members through actions and contributions.
● Physical requirements include frequent standing, walking, sitting and reaching with hands and arms. Must be able to lift and/or move up to 40 lbs.
● Sense of humor and desire to have fun at work
● Bachelor’s Degree in Management, Supply Chain, Logistics Management and/or equivalent work experience preferred
● Travel required during 8 week training period
We are remaking the future of consumer goods and want you to join us. You’ll get:
● Competitive compensation
● Stock options -- shared success is core to our mission.
● Comprehensive medical, vision and dental coverage.
● A shiny mac and the other productivity accessories you need.
● Flexible Paid Time Off -- we care most about results, not face time.
Let’s do this
We're building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come join the community at Grove. It's a heck of a lot of fun, and we'd love to tell you more about it.