It Helpdesk Associate job in San Francisco
We are people against dirty® (PAD), and we’ve always done things differently. We are fearless thinkers, mad scientists and adventurous designers who believe that making soap leads to brave ideas, bold inventions and beautiful bubbles.
We are small, but we have big plans to make the world a cleaner, greener, more colorful place. And we invite everyone to join us as we pioneer a future where doing business is doing good for all.
Do you love being in the middle of it all? Do you eat BSODs for breakfast, know Windows Event Log IDs by heart, and hold strong opinions on antivirus software? Does the thought of daily interaction with a wide range of users, in the largest green cleaning company in the world, bring chills to your spine? Are you intrigued by the idea of troubleshooting tech issues while wearing a costume? If you answered yes to these questions, you may be the perfect fit for our IT Helpdesk Associate position. This role is essential to maintaining the highest technology standards, user experience and service levels around our office. No two days are exactly alike, but common responsibilities for this position include investigating trouble tickets, building and upgrading workstations and performing regular maintenance on technology equipment. In other words, we’re looking for a rockstar who can help keep all our software and hardware in tip-top shape.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
The IT Helpdesk Associate will:
- Maintain a consistent, organized workstation environment that follows internal standards
- Monitor our helpdesk ticket system, and take action quickly to resolve user issues
- Keep asset management system updated with active equipment and software licenses
- Document processes in knowledge base, and update as required
- Preserve user data; manage and test workstation backups on a regular schedule
- Facilitate company huddles and maintain videoconferencing installations
- Work reception once a month*
*we are not joking. at people against dirty, everyone in the San Francisco office takes a spin as receptionist. costumes welcome.
- Support-level knowledge of Windows 7+; macOS 10.11+
- Experience with network connectivity troubleshooting; DNS, DHCP, and IP subnetting
- Familiarity with connecting to Windows Server 2008 R2 and 2012 R2
- Familiarity with Active Directory management tools
- Understanding of workstation management tools (GPOs, deployment from system images)
- Proven ability to effectively work on a team and resolve multiple issues in an efficient manner
- Candidates should have the ability to inspect multiple incoming tickets, serve as initial contact point with users, and efficiently troubleshoot and resolve issues to the users’ satisfaction
- Willingness to perform work according to internal standards, and maintain high quality standards
- Patient, respectful approach with users who are having technology issues
- Ability to learn new technologies and develop troubleshooting strategies for same
- Resourceful, self motivated approach to fixing issues right the first time
- High School Diploma or equivalent
PAD PERKS: Our values are at the heart of everything we do. Here are a few of the ways we Care like a Mother for every person against dirty:
- Rockstar health insurance benefits package
- Competitive vacation bundle + 3 Care Days (a.k.a. Volunteer Time-Off) a year
- Generous retirement match + pre-tax savings options
- Global Ping Pong Tournament + Prom...you heard that right!
LOCATION: San Francisco
HOURS: full time, non exempt
REPORTS TO: IT Manager, North America