Would you like to be a part of a growing and dedicated team who work to provide sustainable solutions in our own communities? SPUD (Sustainable Produce Urban Delivery) was created by and grown with passion, grit, and a vision of how business and local partnerships ought to be. Plus, it helps that we get to work with delicious and organic food all day. Channel your own passion and take your career to the next level by joining one of our talented teams!
SPUD.ca is looking for a full-time, permanent Operations Manager for our Vancouver, BC warehouse.
What you’ll do
The Operations Manager oversees the daily operations of the warehouse. Managing a team of 100+ reports, they are responsible for planning the activities of the team, coaching for performance, providing support and assistance, and developing future leaders.
Reporting to the Sr. Operations Manager, and working in coordination with other Leadership Team members and other departmental leaders, the Operations Manager is responsible for championing an industry leading customer experience, while minimizing operational costs, creating an engaging work culture, and developing a road plan for ongoing innovation.
- Lead with positivity and empathy, while ensuring that team members respect their peers and the requirements of their positions.
- Engage and develop your direct team through coaching, support and regular feedback.
- Provide instruction and support to your direct team of warehouse department managers and supervisors.
- Plan and coordinate all warehouse activities.
- Prepare for and conduct daily team huddles and other communication touchpoints.
- Monitor and report on warehouse KPIs. Develop concrete plans for ongoing improvement.
- Manage the warehouse labour budget, with a focus on ongoing cost reduction.
- Oversee warehouse space utilization, day-to-day facility function, and general supply management, with an eye towards maximizing cost efficiency.
- Assist with labour relations for a team of over 100 employees, including recruitment, onboarding, disciplinary action, grievance resolution and general employee assistance.
- Support the OH&S committee in promoting a safe work environment.
- Ensure ongoing maintenance of and adherence to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Challenge all current practices. Develop and execute plans for continuous improvements in efficiency and customer experience.
- Represent warehouse interests in cross-functional initiatives.
- Foster strong inter-departmental communication practices and embrace the internal service role of the Operations Team.
- Assist the Sr. Operations Manager & VP Supply Chain in developing & executing overall Operations Team strategy.
- Seek out and engage in opportunities to further personal leadership development.
- Other duties as assigned.
How your success will be measured
- Warehouse performance KPIs
- Labour cost (% of gross revenue)
- Team engagement & development
- Customer Net Promoter Scores
- Warehouse safety record