Solar Installer job in Salt Lake City
|Company Type:||Certified B Corporation|
|Industry:||Energy & Utilities|
|Job Type:||Skilled Trades|
|Company Name:|| Creative Energies|
|State / Province:||Utah (UT)|
|City:||Salt Lake City|
|Zip / Postal Code:||84115|
If your dream job is working in solar energy for a Certified B Corporation®, spending time outdoors in our beautiful mountain town… all for a company with an supportive and growth-oriented culture, then we've got you covered.
Creative Energies is a community of adventurous solar craftsmen who care deeply about our co-workers, our customers, and the environment. We are engaged in our communities, live healthy outdoor lifestyles, and try to balance the needs of work and life. We practice what we preach by operating out of Net Zero Energy offices. Creative Energies is devoted to the mountain towns we work, live, and play in. We have come together to do our part in sustaining this amazing world we share.
Join our thoughtful team of climbers, hikers, backpackers, mountain bikers, runners, skiers, snowboarders, and fly fisherman who came together to create environmentally sustainable communities.
The Solar Installer will be responsible for the safe and efficient installation of solar power systems on residences and commercial buildings in the Salt Lake City area. The Solar Installer will play a central role in Creative Energies' project installation and on service calls. The Installer will work as part of a team of two to four other installers and an electrician to accomplish safe, timely, quality installations. She/He will accept direction from Creative Energies Operations Manager regarding schedule and logistics and will work closely with the Electrician and with the Systems Engineer to insure installation accuracy
Project Installation (85% of Time)
- Participate as team members on solar installations
- Seek project details prior to loading and departing for projects
- Work directly with customers as needed at the time of installation
- Load and secure project materials and tools in trucks and trailers
- Understand and follow safety procedures and regulations at all project sites
- Assure that job sites are clean and orderly
- Participate in pre-project planning and post-project debriefings
- Perform service calls, including system diagnosis and repair.
Project Management and Administration (10% of the Time)
- Perform per-installation site visits
- Gather and submit permit information
- Assemble and record project documentation
Other Areas of responsibility (5% of the Time)
- Shop organization and maintenance projects at Creative Energies' office location
- Minor repairs or maintenance of vehicles
- Order or purchase equipment, supplies or tools for projects as needed.
- Must be able to work in all types of weather conditions from hot, sunny summer conditions to cold, slippery winter conditions.
- Must be able to work on roofs, on ladders, in attics and around excavation sites safely and efficiently - Ability to lift at least 75 pounds.
- Must have valid drivers license.
We operate Monday to Thursday on solar projects all across the Wasatch Front. We operate in sun, rain, and snow!
So what is a B Corp and why does it matter? B Corp is to business what Fair Trade certification is to coffee or USDA Organic certification is to milk. B Corps are for-profit companies certified by the nonprofit B Lab to meet rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. What this means for you is that you will be working for a company that has its values and methods on its sleeve. We are transparent in our mission and practices. We hold ourselves accountable to not only the company, but also to our people, and to the environment. We do our best to DO the best for our employees, our communities, and the company.
Creative Energies is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law. We encourage women and individuals with diverse backgrounds to apply.