Account director at ambitious social change PR agency job in London
Vacancy has expired
We’re on the hunt for an energetic, inspiring and media savvy senior member of the Forster team. We’re looking for an experienced account director, with a keen understanding of PR and communications and experience of leading complex and varied accounts. If you’ve got a passion for social change and creating a big impact for your clients we’d love to hear from you.
Forster Communications is a motivated, fast-paced, specialist agency based in lively London Bridge. We’ve established a strong reputation and won awards for working with our clients to deliver positive social change through bold ideas and smart strategies. Our clients are as varied as the issues we help them address; from corporate brands such as Allen and Overy, DP World and Astellas Pharma to charities like Stroke Association, Alzheimer’s Society and Young Women’s Trust.
Our work changes behaviour, raises awareness and improves lives.
Now we’re looking to add to our dedicated, core team. We’re offering a varied portfolio and the opportunity to help us shape our culture and continue to deliver positive social impact. We value difference and are actively seeking people from a range of backgrounds and life and career experiences.
Apart from loving what we do to deliver social good with our clients, we’re committed to doing the same through our own business (we’re a certified B-Corp). We also value our supportive and engaged culture; as an employee-owned business we work hard to give our staff a great work-life balance alongside a fulfilling and challenging career. Not only by gathering together for breakfast and news in the mornings, and offering flexible working and early finish Fridays in the summer, but also through our commitment to developing the careers of all our employees. We value and encourage diversity and difference within Forster and believe that we are a stronger company as a result.
• Experience in developing the pipeline of new business
• Experience on B2C or B2B campaigns (or ideally both!)
• Proven results in delivering and evaluating high impact campaigns
• A proven ability to shape and direct complex accounts to deliver results on time and to budget
• Experience in managing teams and people
• Ability to juggle accounts while keeping an eye on quality and deadlines
• You love PR in all its forms and are happy diving in to lead media sell ins, campaign launches and events, and inspiring your teams to achieve great results
• A confident presenter, keen to share ideas and pitch projects internally and to clients
• Excellent writing skills, able to produce thoughtful and engaging content for a range of audiences and with an instinct for what makes a strong story for media
• A love and understanding of all things social and the ability to think beyond traditional media relations when it comes to ideas and communications to drive action
• An established network of media contacts and the enthusiasm for getting ‘out and about’ to make new connections and stay up to date with industry developments
To apply for this role, please send a blind copy of your CV (with your name, contact details and any details on places of education removed) along with something (it could be a cover letter, but we’re communications agency so enjoy a range of media) to email@example.com and tell us about why you are the perfect fit for us.