Global Creative Director job in San Francisco
Vacancy has expired
Let’s get one thing straight – you’re not coming here to just sell soap, or cleaning products. (Though that will happen, trust us). You’re joining People Against Dirty (PAD) to move the hearts and souls and minds of others all over the world that see the world differently. We believe cleaning is an act of creative expression, a gesture of rebellion, and, yes, an escape from the normal and mundane. We take cleaning seriously – but not ourselves.
In your role here, you will utilize your creativity and experience to embolden + inspire us, make consumers desire us, and lead us into bold new directions while, of course, keeping our integrity intact. We are fortunate, aware and humbled by our brand and product reputations, yet we remain creatively hungry. That’s where you can help.
The VP, Global Creative Director role reports to The Brandfather (our CMO) and will lead all creative expression and execution for our company, as well as the method + Ecover brands.
The Global Creative Director will:
- Partner with CMO to lead the creative voice and enhance compelling brand vision and architecture for the PAD brands, focusing predominantly on Method and also contributing to the development and direction of Ecover.
- Offer creative clarity for the organization as a passionate steward, advocate, and gatekeeper of each brand, directing the global team in their regional execution of creative assets.
- Lead and direct a team of designers and writers, while displaying an ability to be heavily involved in product design packaging as needed – including rolling up your sleeves to get things done.
- Mentor + collaborate with product design, packaging, and general managers.
- Lead a team that can both produce engaging visual content to help drive social and blog traffic as well as execute daily needs (e.g. landing pages) in a timely fashion.
- Work collectively across all functions from marketers to engineers to convey the value of design and brand within a business context.
- Be devoted to and immersed in PAD’s values and passions, instilling the integrity of the company and of each brand in the look, the feel and the execution of every product and each piece of brand identity.
- Work reception once a month. *
*we aren't kidding, everyone at Method takes a spin at reception once a month
- 10+ years of experience working on brand and design centered projects, ideally in the CPG industry
- At least 5+ years experience in a senior managerial position IN-HOUSE
- Ability to manage up to set expectations for executives and manage down to cultivate career development and motivate and inspire the creative team.
- Has held responsibility for leading a creative team of designers and copywriters
- Track record of building and scaling an early stage entrepreneurial, “fighter” “rebel” brand who has broken the mold of a large, competitive sector…and understands the management implications of scaling a brand (i.e., budget and activation)
- Proven ability to effectively collaborate with Category GMs, Product Development, Sales and other cross-functional partners, as well as Retail and Trade partners, to deliver an integrated and adaptable creative plan
- Passion for PAD’s brands, take a non-traditional approach to building brands, intuitively “get” how to help build a values-driven brand and leverage it as a differentiator to support its premium position
- Be passionate, courageous, bold and… nice.
- Be able to deliver results while being values- and mission-led
- Be enthusiastic about teaching AND learning
- A “player coach”; can “do” and much as “strategize”
- Have high empathy; and be emotionally and socially intelligent
- Have a bias to action, a “do-er”
- Strong initiative; leans into challenge; a problem-solver
- Comfortable with ambiguity and deadline pressures
- Be enjoyable to sit next to on a five-hour flight!
EDUCATION: BA/BS in Graphic Design, or equivalent
PAD PERKS: Our values are at the heart of everything we do. Here are a few of the ways we Care like a Mother for every person against dirty:
- Rockstar health insurance benefits package
- Competitive vacation bundle + 3 Care Days (a.k.a. Volunteer Time-Off) a year
- Generous retirement match + pre-tax savings options
- Global Ping Pong Tournament + Prom...you heard that right!
HOURS: full time, exempt
REPORTS TO: CMO