Residential Construction Site Supervisor (Seattle)
We have an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to join a residential construction company in the Seattle area.
Who we are:
Green Canopy is a team of top-talent real estate, business, design and building professionals with a commitment to corporate, social and environmental responsibility.
What We Do:
Our team is dedicated to building sustainable and resilient communities from the inside out. From building single family homes to developing small-scale communities to impact investment and education, Green Canopy focuses on transforming the market to consider resource efficiency when homes are bought and sold.
Why We Do it:
Green Canopy has created a business ecosystem that is different from and better than what traditional home building has had to offer in the past. We are a values-led organization with a staff that forges ahead with purpose, and a corporate culture that is built on respect, trust and love for one another, our children and future generations, and the planet. Our mission is to inspire resource efficiency in residential markets.
Who we are looking for:
Green Canopy Homes is seeking an organized and hard-working Site Supervisor with a positive attitude and ability to work in a fast-paced environment. The right candidate will have:
• Minimum of 2 years' residential construction experience required
• High-school diploma or equivalent required
• Relevant college degree preferred
• Understanding of health and safety practices in residential construction required
• OSHA health and safety training highly preferred
• Demonstrated proficiency in reading plan sets
• Understanding of the jurisdictional inspection process and ability to successfully pass inspections
• Ability to read and understand the project schedule
• Demonstrated proficiency in using computers and mobile devices to perform work in the field
• Aptitude for learning new construction technologies and practices
• Must be highly organized and detail-oriented
• High-degree of professionalism required with exceptional communication skills
• Must possess a valid driver's license, clean driving record and reliable transportation for frequent travel between job sites during the day.
• Ability to lift 50lbs
The Site Supervisor is the onsite representative for the Project Manager and coordinator and verifier for all activities as they occur on the project site. The Site Supervisor will provide additional support as requested by the Project Manager. It is expected that the Site Supervisor will demonstrate proficiency in the primary areas of responsibility within the first three months of training. This position is not entirely limited to the responsibilities outlined in this job posting.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Utilizing iAuditor and performing Quality Control inspections at all critical junctures of the project
• Supervising the daily activities of all subcontractors and confirming the work is performed in a manner that is compliant with the Master Services Agreement and Project Subcontract Agreement
• Ensuring subcontractors preserve and maintains the job site in a manner that meet's Company standards and does not create safety hazards for other subcontractors or members of the community
• Communicating with the project manager regarding scheduling conflicts, change orders, safety violations or issues pertaining to quality control
• Conducting site and safety orientations with all subcontractor representatives
• Conducting Preconstruction Reviews with subcontractors
• Completing daily rounds checklists
• Posting digital daily updates with photos that summarize the activities of the day for each project
• Providing onsite direction for Company Site Supervisor Trainee's, Field Associates and contracted labor
• Ensuring compliance with all health and safety requirements on the job site
• Injury reporting and providing injured worker guidance or assistance as needed
This is a non-exempt, full-time position, working primarily on job sites throughout Seattle with some time spent in our office. This position involves frequent movement, including lifting and carrying materials up to 50 pounds.
Compensation for this position is dependent on experience. Starting hourly rate of $25-29/hour. Competitive benefits package includes: company-paid medical, dental, vision & life insurance; 401(k) plan; paid maternity/paternity leave; gym, phone & gas benefits.
How to Apply:
Please reply to this posting with your resume and cover letter. Additionally, please include your favorite musical group in your cover letter. Applications that are incomplete will not be considered.
If we move forward with you in the interview process, we will ask for references from former employers, customers, employees and subcontractors.
We will begin interviewing qualified applicants as soon as we receive responses.
Feel free to browse our company website to learn more about Green Canopy.