Job Summary: The Cook Supervisor is responsible for the Kitchen/cooking department results and is tasked with driving their team to meet all KPI’s and goals in Safety, Quality, and production standards. Leads a team for start-up, verifying the processing
plan and to ensure the efficient day-to-day preparation and cooking of fresh products that are part of the planned processing run in a food facility. Fulfill all bulk food cooking production needs of the business ensuring accuracy of recipes and food safety
compliance. Actively supervises all aspects of the kitchen, ensuring all staging, prep, cooking to cleanup are administered timely and efficiently consistent with the Revolution Foods HACCP program according to established systems.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises the department, verifies the daily plan and setting product cooking priorities with the Production Manager, Team Leads and a team of employees. The primary objective is to keep operations running efficiently and effectively, with a minimum amount
of down time in a challenging, fast-paced environment. Will help coach, teach, mentor and demonstrate efficient ways-of-working.
- Supervises the Kitchen department. Verifies the daily plan, and any immediate needs that are needed from staging, preparation of raw materials to cook, mixing to finished product, supplies or other inventory to and from
- Oversees the department and team members cooking and using equipment such as steamers, fryers, baking, mixers, kettles, etc. used to cook and heat food products used in finished products. Demonstrates a complete knowledge of bulk kitchen equipment including
but not limited to operating kettles, henny penny’s, and Baxter ovens.
- Ensure food quality standards by showing a commitment to quality from the execution of SOP from start to finish including tasting the final product.
- Maintains a high level of floor presence (90%+) to meet expectations. Consistently monitors the performance of team members in four critical success areas: Safety, Quality, Cook time/ yield and Service level.
- Establishes routines that may include communicating: performance expectations, plan of the day, priorities, work progress, coaching, safety message, prior day results, scheduling, over-time or reduced scheduling needs, etc. Keeps management updated on status
of tasks and issues. - Will stage raw materials, de-box product, oversee batch preparation, and complete HACCP and GMP documentation to maximum performance and efficiency. Maintain stock and allergen controls, quality product delivery. Reports any delays as
compared to plans.
- Will ensure full compliance with food safety, safety, quality, and processing requirements while directing activities of the team members.
- Controls downtime by informing processing workers of routine interruptions and monitors compliance. Documents downtime, timing and problems and identifies next steps and what corrective actions were taken.
- Execute SOP’s of company recipes, cooking quantities based off of the daily production plans, and cooking and issuing the final product to the expediting team. They will do this by coordinating resources to execute production according to the production
- Coordinate and observes the work area to ensure all items pre and post products are cooked thoroughly, within temp and texture expectations, in a timely and efficient manner.
- Reports defective product, units or questionable conditions to management and documents this information, as required. Notifies maintenance department of any mechanical concerns or errors, including audible warning alarms or lights.
- Required to develop, train and demonstrate proper procedures and protocol to employees, to include using the emergency shut-off in case of emergency or necessary stop. May complete a variety of routine admin tasks related to the work that may include copying,
printing forms, filling out routine KPI’s, and misc reports.
- Follows all required safe work practices and models safe work practices. This includes proper lifting, following SOP procedures, lockout tag-out requirements and wearing of all required PPE in designated areas.
- Sets the tone to establish a culture of respect, hard work, consistency, quality and effective communication within and outside of the department.
- Ensure team members exercise extreme care and safety when using equipment.
- Supports our green waste compost and recycling program, ensuring waste products are properly sorted and accounted for. May complete a variety of other duties as needed
Required Experience and Education:
- 1-3 years of Culinary experience in a food production leadership role
- Previous experience in a food factory, high volume flight kitchen or school feeding operation is preferred
- A culinary related degree or certification in HACCP, Serve Safe, Food handlers, or other related area is preferred.
- Experience in a fast-paced food related environment with changing priorities
- Experience achieving positive results thru other team members
- Experience using strong math skills to convert recipe yields and calculate percentages
- Must be able to motivate and work well with others as part of a team
Required Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- Strong attention to detail with ability to read and write English.
- Ability to read, count, follow basic instructions, complete reports, read and apply basic math skills in English
- Able to work a flexible schedule, covering varied shifts and weekend work
- Demonstrated ability to be an assertive, self-starter who will be responsible for starting up equipment timely and efficiently. Goal-driven with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to set priorities and problem-solve, while working under pressure and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Good communication, demeanor and interpersonal relations skills
- Attention to detail is required. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Advance knowledge of safe and proper knife handling, kitchen equipment and utensil use.
- Intermediate computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook and the ability to enter data routinely Working Conditions: Work is within a factory setting, with chilled temperatures, on a dock and occasionally work is required within the freezer area.
Routinely exposed to wet, damp and cold conditions. All PPE is provided.
- Prolonged standing and walking is routinely required in a warm and chilled work environment.
- May lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Routinely required to stand, walk, bend, carry, crouch, grasp, hold, kneel, lift, push/pull, reach, sit, squat, stand, stoop, stretch, turn, twist, talk, listen and communicate with others.