The Marketing Web Design Specialist is responsible for developing, managing and maintaining the front-end of the primary websites at American College of Education. The Web Design Specialist serves to market the College to prospective students, current students, and the general public. This position will report within the marketing team, and will work in conjunction with the IT team and third-party vendors.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Concept, design and implement content and creative for ACE.edu and other digital marketing properties.
- Understand key audiences and leverage tools such as Google Analytics to improve effectiveness of websites.
- Collaborate with marketing team on the appearance of the Colleges websites, mobile experiences, email campaigns, and other multi-media projects.
- Collaborate with marketing team to produce and edit relevant, engaging content.
- Support key marketing campaigns and initiatives across digital platforms.
- Maintain consistent design and theming across websites.
- Enhance and update the institutions web sites in a timely manner and proactively address areas that need attention.
- Work with vendors to support their PPC, develop and implement practical web applications, as necessary.
- Willing to provide after-hours/non-workday support on-site or via remote access.
- Proactively recommend web and design solutions to enhance the Colleges online presence.
- Demonstrates self-reliance by meeting/exceeding workflow needs.
- Follows established processes as outlined by Manager.
- Completes assigned duties based on daily business needs and individual skill set.
- Consistently produces a high volume of quality work.
- Capable, and adapts as needed, to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Proven ability to work independently with limited supervision and with other department personnel
- Must have exceptional communication, organization, and time management skills
- Must be "self-motivated" as well as creative and efficient in proposing solutions to complex, time-critical problems
- Must be collaborative in driving decisions and a team-player
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a high attention to detail
- Builds and maintains student satisfaction
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, graphic design, visual communications, multimedia, or similar field
- 5+ years of experience in web design and development
- Strong project management skills
- Online portfolio showcasing design and development preferred
- Advanced knowledge of HTML/CSS, Sitefinity (or comparable CMS)
- Experience in Adobe CS (Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Experience designing and creating responsive layouts
- Solid understanding of cross-browser/platform issues and solutions
- Proficiency in image editing, information design/architecture
- Understanding of digital marketing as it applies to website design and user experience
- Experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud a plus
- Experience with photography and/or video a plus
The physical demand described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate with and receive communications from students and ACE employees in real time using online and other electronic media.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
American College of Education seeks to attract and retain a diverse staff consistent with its diverse student body and surrounding communities.
ACE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.