Logistics Manager job in Petaluma
Vacancy has expired
About World Centric
Our every action has an impact on the well-being of our planet and our everyday decisions can help create a better world for all. World Centric certified compostable tableware, cutlery and food packaging provide eco-friendly alternatives to everyday consumption choices, which can help minimize social & economic inequalities, reduce the impact of our consumption on the environment and help create a better and sustainable world.
World Centric started as a non-profit in 2004 and now is a California Benefit Corporation and a certified B-Corp. We offset all our carbon emissions and donate a minimum 25% of profits to environmentally and socially conscious organizations.
World Centric, as a leader in the compostables category, has a dynamic, fast-paced, high-growth work environment and is looking for professionals who can thrive in such an environment. The culture and mission fit is very important for us and these requirements include a strong awareness, passion and commitment to social and environmental issues; a high degree of competence, motivation, and initiative; and adaptability and ability to collaborate with others.
The Logistics Manager coordinates all logistics and handles interactions with 3PL’s related to logistics and inbound/outbound inventory. Our ideal candidate has very strong outbound-to--customer LTL/trucking management experience with some experience in both inbound ocean and inventory management, good analytical skills, and experience in working with 3rd party logistics warehouses. This is a full-time office position based out of our Petaluma HQ.
- Outbound and inbound domestic FTL, LTL and small parcel logistics. Negotiates and chooses best LTL carriers/freight brokers/truckload carriers/transportation management systems (TMS) and small parcel freight providers. Works to minimize costs, improve services and process efficiencies. Troubleshoots all operational issues. Analyzes consolidation/cross dock/shipping lanes opportunities for savings. (40%)
- Third Party Warehouse Management - Manages (and sources as needed) offsite 3rd party warehouses (3PL’s) for inbound/outbound shipments and effectiveness. Works to control costs and keep them competitive. Works to ensure effective processes and agreed metrics are implemented and carried out. Trouble shoots all inventory discrepancies. Manages and reconciles ERP system based inventory with WMS system based inventory. Works closely with Order Fulfillment Manager on shipping/order issues. (25%).
- Inbound/Import Ocean Freight - Works to support Import Manager in regards to choosing and managing FCL/LCL carriers/forwarders/consolidators. (5%)
- Analysis - Excellent at excel, can analyze different cost data for effective rate negotiations and efficiencies for transportation, storage, etc. Regular analysis of verification of transportation cost savings and costs staying in line. Ability to analyze data for future warehouse locations, shipping lanes, consolidation points, etc. Ability to analyze data for overall network optimization. (25%)
- Other - helps out with order management/supply chain as needed. Acts as back-up to Order Fulfillment Manager (5%)
- 8-10+ years’ experience in logistics, transportation and 3PL/inventory management.
- BS in technical field preferred.
- Experience in working with ocean freight forwarders, trucking, and logistics.
- Experience with different shipping lanes and specific trucking/logistics companies for regional and national shipping efficiency and costs.
- Experience in working with multiple distribution locations and assessing best locations for additional distribution points.
- Very good negotiation skills
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excel expert.
- Experience with ERP, inventory management systems.
- Experience with NetSuite a major plus.
- Familiarity with FCL, LCL, LTL, TL, TMS and small parcel shipping.
Compensation & Benefits
Compensation is dependent on experience. World Centric offers a competitive benefits package to eligible employees. The benefits package includes health, dental, and vision coverage, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, sick and vacation paid leave, wellness incentive program, paid holidays, 401(k) with Company contribution, and an alternative transportation incentive program.
Please email jobs-logistics(a)worldcentric.org with your resume and a 1-page cover letter. In your cover letter, please include the social and/or environmental issues that are important to you along with why you would be a good fit for World Centric. Please do not forward a LinkedIn profile.