Senior Test Engineer job in San Francisco
Vacancy has expired
Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
Casper is seeking a Senior Test Engineer to join our growing team. You will use your technical expertise as a Test Engineer to lead the testing programs for a portfolio of products, ranging from mattresses and furniture to soft goods and consumer electronics. This position manages the day-to-day activities of multiple projects, including, planning, scheduling, testing and reporting. The Test Engineer will manage mechanical and thermal testing programs; will analyze data and trends; and will provide regulatory support as needed. This position will also serve as the focused, technical lead on new methodologies and will be responsible for implementation into the lab.
Casper (casper.com) is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with an obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress sold directly to consumers. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, and is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box. The company is one of the fastest-growing consumer brands of all time, and its product line has expanded to include sheets, pillows, a matching foundation, and a dog mattress. Casper was named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017, and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
- Work directly with a team of industrial designers, mechanical engineers, and product managers to develop testing protocols, testing equipment and reporting requirements for new materials and products under development.
- Conduct experiments and tests to evaluate design decisions throughout the product development process.
- Work with design and engineering teams to develop new testing methods and analyses when needed.
- Continue to build and manage Casper internal testing lab
- Ensure all Casper products are in compliance with relevant regulatory requirements in domestic and international markets
- Manage relationships with external test labs to support new product development
- Work with design and engineering teams to develop design and construction standards for current and existing Casper products
- Support Quality and Manufacturing teams in ongoing testing of manufactured goods
Our dream candidate is..
- Is passionate about ensuring products are of the highest quality, with 10+ years of test engineering experience, ideally with a focus on consumer products, furniture, and/or soft goods
- Demonstrates ability to shape product design decisions via testing and experimentation.
- Strong foundation in mechanical engineering fundamentals, including solid mechanics and thermodynamics.
- Sound analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Software experience: Excel, DASYLAB/Labview, 3D modeling, programming
- Data acquisition, controls, and electronics
- Basic machining
- FEA experience a plus
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Test Engineering or related field.
The syrup on your waffles
- Salary to pay your bills, a potential bonus for some splurging, and equity so that you’re part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...).
- 401K program so you can still spend money later in life.
- Extra cash incentives for being healthy and fit (we actually give you money to track your sleep!).
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Bi-weekly catered lunches to catch up with your teammates.
- Free snacks and coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- Nap pods, for those days when you stayed out a little too late...
- A full gifted bed set when you join (mattress, sheets, pillows, the works)!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you, but if you’re feeling sleepy, take a nap before applying!