Job Title: Accounts Payable Assistant / Concur Admin – Fixed Term Position
Reports To: Accounts Payable Manager
Location: Ventura, CA
* This position is a fixed term role, to terminate at the end of June.
The Accounts Payable Assistant is responsible for assisting the Accounts Payable and the Finance department with daily, weekly, and monthly operational tasks. They are also expected to provide general clerical and administrative support, on an as-needed basis.
Essential Job Functions
- Processes vendor invoices; daily.
- Processes and audits expense reports in Microsoft AX and Concur.
- Filing of Accounts Payable documentation.
- Reviews and audits employee expense reports to ensure proper documentation and approval procedures have been followed.
- Point person for employees with Concur related user issues.
- Manages the travel communication inbox account; daily.
- Maintains and enforces company travel & expense policy.
- Provides a high level of service and proactive communication to employees regarding status of expense reports.
- Customer Service; promptly responds to all vendor and employee inquires.
- Manage employee travel email inbox.
- Process outgoing mail.
- Coordinate a file loan process, ensure files loaned out are returned.
- Assist with monthly AP closing.
Other Job Functions
- Keep Finance/Accounting department’s supply cabinet stocked, including copy machine supplies.
- File management: archive and maintain records in off-site storage for Accounts Payable and General Accounting files. Responsible for conversion and archiving of Fiscal Year Accounts Payable and Accounting files.
- Provide general assistance with Accounts Payable and Accounting projects including, but not limited to, invoice entry, retrieving checks and files, making copies, and assisting with the annual year-end audit.
- Ability to safely lift items up to 20 pounds.
- Ability to sit, bend, and kneel for extended periods of time.
- Ability to look at a computer screen for extended periods of time.
- Ability to maintain a composed and professional demeanor within a flexible and, at times, noisy work environment.
Minimum Job Qualifications
- 1-3 years of data entry.
- Working knowledge Microsoft Office (version 2010 or later).
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Extreme attention to detail; strong work ethic.
- Able to manage multiple priorities, meet deadlines.
- Able to compute basic math calculations.
Preferred Job Qualifications
- AX Microsoft, Excel, Concur, PowerPoint, Workday, Travel Management.
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers, and vendors.