Operations Analyst job in New York City
Vacancy has expired
We’re searching for an Operations Analyst to take on an integral role in identifying areas of opportunity in our (you guessed it) operations and implementing process improvements. The person in this role will constantly assess our people, processes, and designs to make sure we’re continuously improving our business. Your main focus will be on reducing lead times, decreasing costs, improving quality, and ultimately driving customer satisfaction.
In this position, you’ll report to our Director of Manufacturing and Fulfillment to make sure all related efforts support the company’s needs and position it for continued rapid growth. Sound like your cup of tea (or coffee...or yerba mate)? See more deets below!
What you’ll do:
- Analyze processes and procedures for our biggest areas of opportunity and present recommended solutions to management
- Manage and support large projects using the DMAIC approach
- Automate and optimize all data reporting for functional leaders
- Review current key performance indicators and make recommendations as to whether they are effective for driving strategic objectives
- Plan and implement supply chain optimization projects (i.e., slotting events, allocation routing, waste reduction, variation reduction)
- Develop, maintain, and support functional leaders in creating SOPs that incorporate process requirements of stakeholders, driving consistency in manufacturing and an amazing customer experience
Who you are:
- The owner of a bachelor’s degree in business administration, logistics, production management, or supply chain management
- Equipped with 2–3 years of hands-on supply chain experience, specifically in areas such as process improvement, data analysis, and/or operations
- A naturally curious person
- A self-starter who’s resourceful and armed with strong critical and analytical skills
- A positive team player who can quickly build respect within his/her team and across stakeholder groups
- Experienced at an intermediate or expert level in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and database tools)
- SQL experience
- An understanding of lean methodologies and/or Six Sigma certification
- CPIM or CSCP certification
Warby Parker was founded in 2010 with a lofty objective: to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses. By circumventing traditional channels and designing our frames in house, we’re able to offer insanely high-quality eyewear at decidedly non-insane prices (i.e., from $95 with prescription lenses—a fraction of the going price!).
In the last eight years, we’ve grown to over 60 retail locations in the U.S. and Canada, opened our first optical lab in upstate New York, and launched two of our own iOS apps. And for three years running, Fast Company has named us one of the world’s most innovative companies.
We also hold ourselves to the highest standards of social and environmental responsibility. This means lots of different things, like operating carbon-neutrally and distributing a pair of glasses to someone in need for every pair we sell. (We’re big believers that businesses can scale and be profitable while doing good in the world.)
Of course, all work and no play makes an extremely dull office, and no one likes an extremely dull office. (We sure don’t.) As an employee at Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings, guest speakers, volunteering opportunities, and other brain- (and/or taste-bud-) stimulating activities. It also doesn’t hurt that our team is just great company.
Some benefits and perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Flexible “My Time” vacation policy
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Cell phone plan reimbursement
- A health-and-wellness stipend
- Free eyewear (plus discounts for friends and family)
- And more (just ask!)