Accounts Administrator job in MELBOURNE
Vacancy has expired
Hub Australia is a network of coworking communities that create a home for small businesses to grow. We're made up of over 1000 members, including freelancers, small businesses, start-ups, social enterprises and large corporate, government and education institutions across Melbourne, Sydney and Adelaide.
At the heart of Hub Australia is a core team of dedicated individuals whose role is to create an environment where diverse people, organisations and sectors come together, work on projects, swap ideas and innovate. We do this by hosting physical and online collaboration spaces, curating events for learning and networking, and facilitating connections for our members. We're constantly innovating new ways to work and business models that create shared value. We're vibrant, diverse and we're growing – fast.
Purpose of the role:
The purpose of this role is to ensure the smooth processing of the accounting function for Hub Australia and all associated entities (currently 10 entities), with a focus on accounts payable and reconciliations. You will be responsible for ensuring that our vendor records are up-to-date, invoices are accurately recorded, all payments are made expediently, deferred revenue is accurately managed, BAS reports are reviewed and credit card and bank account reconciliations are completed in a timely manner. You'll support our Accounting Lead in everything related to accounts in this integral administrative role.
Overview of duties:
- Taking ownership of member deposits, data entry, invoicing, deferred revenue and BAS
- Execute charges (including refunds and credits), cancellations, and membership changes (upgrades, downgrades, coupons)
- Leading all accounts payable for accurate and timely payments; sending remittance when required
- Reconciling receipts and bills sent to Receipt Bank with our entities and ensuring all items are in the correct entity
- Support for accounts receivable if/when necessary
- Administer insurance contracts to ensure that workers compensation, contents, public liability and professional indemnity insurances are always up to date and sufficient cover is in place.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience using Xero as an online accounting solution
- Experience with Receipt Bank technology
- 5+ years experience in SME accounting, preferably in a multi-entity structure
- Certificate IV, Diploma or Advanced Diploma in Accounting
- Bookkeeping - debits, credits, double-entry accounting, profit and loss, variance reports and balance sheets are all your friend
- Strong supplier and project management skills
- Experience working with a distributed team, as our team is currently spread across Sydney, Melbourne and Adelaide.
What you'll be rewarded with:
- Being a key member of an energetic, dynamic and fun national team
- The satisfaction and challenge of enabling an inspiring and diverse network of over 1000 members nationally and connecting them globally
- Being part of a B-Corp certified company with a vision and plan to make a difference
- Two paid days per year on company time to undertake volunteering (of your choice) plus a day within your birthday month
- Working from one of the coolest workplaces in town
- Phone allowance ($100 per month) and use of a (Hub owned) MacBook Pro
- Personalised training and development program to the value of $1000 annually.
You can find a copy of the complete position description with full accountabilities of the role on the vacancies page of our website hubaustralia.com.
To apply; please send a copy of your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with Accounts and Administration Lead in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.