Human Resources Services Administrator, Retail job in Ventura
Job Title: HR Services Administrator, Retail
Location: Ventura, CA
Reports to: Manager of Benefits/Payroll/HRIS
The HR Services Administrator is a member of a team of individuals whose emphasis is to support a segment of the business with their general understanding of the company’s benefits, payroll and Workday functions. They will be responsible for the day-to-day administration of such functions but also act as the primary source of customer service for a segment of the business. Based off insights learned from interaction with employees and data analytics, s/he will be responsible for developing training for the business segment to enhance their understanding and comfort with these functions. The HR Services Administrator will work towards an intimate understanding of the Retail division’s business operations and the unique needs of its employee population to become an effective and trusted internal partner.
Essential Job Functions
- Assist employees and managers on Workday self-service tasks and processes. Document Workday processes for Retail. Work with HRIS to identify and develop training.
- Main point of contact for Retail for Workday questions and issues. Remotely troubleshoot problems that Retail employees are having in Workday.
- Track all new hire Retail employees to ensure they are onboarded correctly in Workday. Maintain start dates as they relate to the pay periods. Confirm all onboarding tasks are completed on the first day of employment.
- Accurately process employee information through Workday, maintain records, maintain hardcopy and electronic personnel files for Retail employees. Ensure all employee files are complete with all required documentation.
- Responsible for the management of the off-boarding process for exiting employees and related tasks.
- Assist employees with benefit administration. Act as resource for benefit claim questions for employees. Conduct benefit training for Store Managers and Assistant Managers.
- Responsible for annual Retail Open Enrollment communication and process. Track enrollment deadlines in Workday and follow up with employees who have not completed their enrollment tasks.
- Responsible for Hawaii HMSA Open Enrollment: update election forms; send to HI Retail store managers and other HI employees, collects forms and maintain payroll deductions in Workday.
- Process Retail workers compensation claims and documentation; support store managers and assistant store managers in reporting injuries in a timely manner and directing to medical care when needed. Act as liaison between employee, manager, and workers compensation carrier to resolve claims.
- Manage/reconcile Canadian benefits and process invoice for payment.
- Manage leave requests and track leaves of absence in Workday. Provide leave paperwork to employees for medical and personal leaves. Ensure that employees return to work with a doctor’s release or restrictions.
Reporting and Compliance
- Review Workday reports on a weekly, biweekly and monthly basis, including: ACA monthly and yearly hours; seasonal hours; long term care applications, supplemental life requests; fixed-term end dates; outstanding benefits tasks. Responsible for monitoring and managing employment classification guidelines.
- Follow up with store managers and district managers with issues identified on the monitored reports to keep each employee compliant with their onboarding tasks, benefits tasks, mid-year changes and documentation necessary for life insurance and long term care.
- Provide reporting to store managers and other business partners.
- Work with store managers and district managers to be sure employee missed punches and time off are resolved in Workday prior to payroll week.
- Review open unemployment cases via the Equifax website. Gather and submit information as requested.
- Build relationships and schedule regular communication with Store Managers and Assistant Store Managers to best understand the needs of each store.
- Assist with Retail recruiting.
- Other duties as required.
Minimum Job Qualifications
- Bachelor Degree in business administration or related discipline or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of experience in payroll and benefit management with experience working in HRIS systems.
- Proficient knowledge of multi-state labor laws and general HR practices.
- Strong computer skills (Workday, Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills. The ability to write clearly and persuasively in addition to defining problems and articulating solutions within a group setting.
- Comfortable with team-based work structure; ability to demonstrate flexibility on the job.
- Demonstrates initiative, is conscientious and provides complete follow-through on all areas of responsibility.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment with minimal privacy and numerous interruptions.
- Participation, understanding and working knowledge of the sports that the Company produces products for.
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.