Membership and Campaigns Strategist job in Sydney
Vacancy has expired
Change.org is the world's largest social change platform, empowering more than 200 million people to win incredible and inspiring victories on issues they care about.
In Australia, Change.org has exploded to nearly 5 million users. Our users win impactful, life-changing victories every week on diverse issues -- from decriminalising medicinal cannabis, capping credit card surcharges to better policies for survivors of sexual assault.
We're looking for our next Membership and Campaigns Strategist to join our Australian team to rapidly grow this impact even further. You'll support users to win seemingly-impossible campaigns and drive the growth of our founding sustainers membership program, users who financially contribute to support Change.org's work and mission.
You'll do all of this, and more, alongside some of the world's best campaigners and technologists. Get in touch or apply now if this sounds like something that you can't wait to work on.
As a Membership & Campaigns Strategist on our team, you will:
- Identify and tell the most inspiring and heartbreaking stories of Change.org users, driving engagement and impact on their campaigns
- Deliver rapid-response campaign tactics and digital fundraising efforts to help win campaigns and grow the founding sustainer membership program
- Develop and deliver a strategy for member acquisition and retention, taking responsibility for reaching ambitious program growth and revenue goals.
- Write, a lot! Every day, you'll create highly compelling email copy for campaigns, fundraising and retention emails, landing pages, short form ads and other social content.
- Work with colleagues to help effectively manage the largest social change email list in the country through testing, experimentation and innovative strategies.
- Design and implement experiments to drive improvements in fundraising and membership acquisition channels, user engagement and impact.
- Set and effectively track campaign, financial and growth goals and the KPIs to deliver these goals.
- Stay up to date, learn from and deliver best practice in digital campaigning, fundraising and membership or subscriber programs.
Here are the skills and experience we're looking for:
- Have a minimum of 3 years experience in at least one of the following:
- Delivery of email/digital campaigns or fundraising content to a wide audience.
- Delivery of monthly giving, membership or subscription programs.
- Familiarity with and experience in digital campaigning and fundraising tactics, email list engagement, and cultivating/building membership or subscription programs.
- An excellent email and online copywriter with a strong sense of narrative and engagement. Ability to produce and send high-quality fundraising asks at short notice.
- Data savvy and highly numerate - able to work across formats with segmentation, analysis and reporting. Competency in Microsoft Excel/Google Spreadsheets is a must.
- Results-focused and rapid learner with ability to make data-driven decisions around creative output.
- Well versed in email marketing and digital advertising tools.
- A 'can-do' attitude and a self-starter proposing new ideas to test and implement.
- Deep commitment to our mission of empowering people everywhere to win campaigns on the critical issues of our times.
- Familiarity with HTML.
- Experience in social business, the charity sector or politics.
- Fluency in UX best practice.
We're a small, results-oriented team. It's a fast-paced, collaborative and supportive environment. Your co-workers are high-impact, low-ego, have a deep respect for our members and are driven by our world-changing mission. We expect you to be the same.
The position is a full-time permanent role based in our Sydney office, however part-time and flexible work arrangements will be considered. Indicative salary range is $57,000 - $77,000 per annum, commensurate with experience. Training and upskilling as-needed will also be offered on the job.
Change.org is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. Join us to help change the world.