Senior Data Scientist job in San Francisco
Vacancy has expired
With over 225 million users in 196 countries, Change.org is the world’s largest technology platform for social change. We’re a social impact business, and we’re aiming to build a world where no one is powerless and where creating change is a part of everyday life.
About The Role:
We’re seeking an experienced Data Scientist, focused on funnel optimization, who will own the vision and execution of projects from start to finish.
The ideal candidate is passionate about having an enormous impact on a company that is quite literally helping to change the world. Change.org uses data science to increase the reach and effectiveness of our social justice platform via sophisticated recommendation algorithms.
Here’s what you’ll do as part of our team:
- You will help set technical/product direction of our data science team.
- Use machine learning techniques to present relevant content to our diverse user base in order to increase engagement and raise the impact of our social justice platform.
- Take the lead on data science research projects and pursue them through production.
- Apply statistics, modeling, and ML to improve the performance of financial models and recommendation algorithms, as well as other areas where you see fit. .
- Work with product managers and engineers to design and debug A/B experiments.
- Own the architecture, delivery, and evolution of interrelated big data systems.
- Contribute to back-end distributed systems engineering in implementation/integration/monitoring/maintaining our applied data science/machine learning infrastructure.
Here are the skills & experience we hope you have:
- Masters in Computer Science, Applied Math, Physics, Statistics or a quantitative field with a strong engineering background.
- Experience with Python and SQL is required.
- A combined 6+ years of industry experience in the data science arena dealing with large volume and variety of datasets.
- 4+ years professional experience with modeling and analysis, statistics, machine learning, and/or large-scale data mining. Has deep experience in the data science methodology from exploratory data analysis, feature engineering, model selection, deployment of the model at scale and model evaluation by using AB testing in production
- Experience with multiple supervised and unsupervised machine learning techniques, such as logistic regression, naïve bayes, decision trees, k-means clustering, and principal components analysis. Specific experience with natural language processing techniques is highly desirable.
- Specific experience in solving machine learning problems that have very sparse data.
- Work with other data and engineering professionals—as well as additional stakeholders across the company—to respond to business problems with practical solutions.
- Choose the most effective technologies and approaches for a variety of big data and data science challenges, and own application thereof.
The is a full-time opportunity based in San Francisco.
Change.org is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed.