Chief of Staff to the CEO job in San Francisco
Vacancy has expired
Change.org is the world’s largest technology platform for social change, with over 225 million users in 196 countries. We’re a social impact business, and our vision is to build a world where no one is powerless and where creating change is a part of everyday life.
We are hiring a Chief of Staff to our CEO, Ben Rattray. In this role, you’ll directly support the CEO on all major projects and priorities, and have intimate insight into the core operations of one of the fastest growing social enterprises in the world. In this capacity you’ll serve as a trusted aid on written communication, company presentations, agenda management, and coordination with our global staff, the Change.org Board, and external audiences.
As a Chief of Staff, you’ll be responsible for:
Board & Investor Coordination:
- Serve as a primary liaison between Change.org and its Board of Directors.
- Project manage Board meeting prep and creation of Board meeting materials.
- Provide regular written updates to the Board on key impact moments and progress against goals.
- Own creation of all material requested by investors, including impact reports, quarterly updates, and other information needed on an ad hoc basis, delegating information requests to appropriate internal teams as needed and ensure they are followed up on.
- Provide a bridge for smooth communication between the the CEO and internal departments and build relationships crucial to effective collaboration across the organization.
- Provide decision support through research, analysis of information, and clear presentation of considerations.
- Successfully complete critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the CEO's ability to effectively execute on top priorities.
- Manage CEO’s calendar to ensure the most effective management of executive time.
- Prioritize workflows for the CEO, by planning out and directly supporting with task completion.
- Help coordinate executive team offsites and support periodic company events/activities
Executive & External Communications:
- Manage all inbound speaking and interview requests for the CEO, and work with internal communications team to identify potential speaking opportunities valuable for the company.
- Prepare presentations for internal and external audiences. This will usually involve designing a highly compelling presentations for company-wide meetings and speaking engagements.
Key skills for this role include:
- Strong written communication skills and ability to distill and convey information in a compelling manner.
- Detail-oriented organizational and process management skills to manage a wide range of incoming requests and responsibilities.
- Emotional intelligence and ability to establish strong and trusting relationships.
The is a full-time opportunity based in San Francisco.
Change.org is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed.