Position closes on 2/6/18 at 4:30 pm.
We are the Change We Seek
Imagine working for a company with a proven record of changing the world for the better. At Klean Kanteen we are dedicated to providing safe, high quality products that encourage a healthy lifestyle, sustainability and environmental awareness. Success in making reusable bottles part of everyday life has inspired Klean Kanteen to innovate a wide range of products good for both people and the planet. We are committed to model a better way of doing things, and have fun doing it.
Community & Giving
Klean Kanteen is a Certified B Corp and 1% for the Planet member. Certified B Corporations are leading a global movement to redefine success in business and meet rigorous and independent B Corp standards of performance, accountability, and transparency—which all guide our business day to day, and into the years ahead. A 1% for the Planet member since 2008, we donate 1% of total revenue to environmental organizations focused on shared values—health, sustainability, and environmental stewardship.
Klean Kanteen takes great pride in the company we keep. There are many hands-on opportunities for participation with our partners, ensuring that real relationships are fostered between Klean and the organizations we support. As part of that philosophy, Klean Kanteen has an active employee volunteer program that supports employees’ passion around giving back. We’ve climbed mountains, built homes, restored habitat, and carried water to support those who have none. From hiking supplies to NatureBridge students in the High Sierra to supporting dam removal with American Rivers, our people are encouraged to be as involved and committed as Klean Kanteen’s charitable dollars.
Klean Kanteen is family-run, and employee-owned. We have a tight-knit, fun, team-oriented culture, with a robust employee training and development program. With a casual office setting and open work environment, you’ll find most people in jeans and t-shirts. Most importantly, we’re all here to make a difference, and enjoy plenty of exciting challenges ahead.
The Social Media Manager is responsible for creating and building brand loyalty through authentic storytelling and managing brand engagement efforts across social channels. This role works closely with the Marketing & Brand Team, outside creative, and brand agencies to lead and execute an integrated communication strategy for the company’s social channels.
This role is responsible for managing budget, ROI, and execution of all social media activities. The Social Media Manager role is responsible for the hands on, day-to-day community management of the company’s social presence. This role works independently and in collaboration with members of the Marketing & Brand team to develop engaging, fun content around the Klean Kanteen brand and products for all social channels.
Organizational Chart / Reporting Relationship:
Supervision Exercised: None
Supervision Received: Sr. Marketing & Brand Manager
Responsible for development, planning and execution of Klean Kanteen social media program with the goal of storytelling and amplifying brand voice and values to the end consumer across all social channels.
Source, design and deliver creative social content (ie: video, photography, copy, blog) to support brand initiatives.
Tracks and reports on trends and key social media metrics.
Duties / Responsibilities to Accomplish Essential Functions:
Specific responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
Development, Planning & Execution (55%)
- Develop, facilitate and execute an editorial calendar for all social media content, working with Klean internal stakeholders and external agencies to ensure cross-activity alignment
- Provide day-to-day community management of all social channels:
- Moderate and respond to all fan dialogue, direct messages and questions in a timely manner with the goal of encouraging engagement and generating positive brand experiences.
- Work directly with customer service team to ensure all CS inquiries are addressed in a timely manner.
- Deliver unique posts through each social channel, ensuring that Klean Kanteen’s brand voice is represented in all communications:
- Post content to Instagram 1-2 times per day.
- Post content to Instagram Stories regularly as dictated by brand and marketing needs.
- Post content to Facebook 1-2 times per day.
- Post content to Twitter 1-3 times per day.
- Post content to, and develop strategy for utilization of Pinterest
- Manage YouTube/Vimeo channels
- Post to Klean Kanteen blog at least 2 times per month.
- Implement a product seeding program utilizing social media giveaway product budget in order to get Klean product into the hands of influential consumers.
- Work with Marketing & Brand team to leverage paid influencer program across social channels
- Interact with social properties of brand partners, likeminded brands, media outlets, non-profits, athletes and other influencers to amplify awareness of Klean Kanteen brand
- Be the go-to resource for messaging best practices around social media for internal contributors.
- Leverage product giveaways to generate impressions on Klean content and elevate brand awareness while building a strong follower base:
- Execute regular informal product giveaways as part of content mix (1-4 times per month depending on product initiatives)
- Proactively seek out opportunities for contest / product giveaway collaboration with influential, likeminded brands. (1-2 Klean hosted contests per quarter)
- Evaluate and participate in incoming opportunities for contest/ giveaway collaboration, where brand value add is present.
Source, Design and Deliver Creative Content for Social Media (35%)
- With creative direction and assistance from the external Sr. Creative Manager, produce content in-house for social channels that engages consumers and helps to drive sales, including but not limited to: photography, video and copywriting/ editing.
- Blog Management and content creation:
- Source / create and publish blog content at least 2 times per month to sync with key seasonal brand themes
- Work with all internal Klean Kanteen departments (outside of the Marketing & Brand sphere) to identify relevant stories and initiatives for inclusion in content mix where value add is present.
- Leverage new technologies and apps to deliver dynamic, cutting edge content to all social channels.
- Work with outside agencies, as needed, on creative content, managing project workflow and tracking budget.
- Support the company with basic, general graphic design tasks as needed (image resizes, file formatting, basic design executions).
- Work with Marketing & Brand Team to establish a two pronged paid media strategy for social which includes promotion of native brand content and paid influencer generated content during key product and event activations.
- Work with external Sr. Creative Manager to develop all content for paid distribution.
- Manage implementation, optimization and reporting for all paid social media campaigns.
Reporting and Trend Analysis (10%)
- Establish KPI dashboard to provide monthly social metrics reporting:
- Provide monthly KPI report to internal stakeholders
- Utilize monthly metrics to help inform social content mix and continuously improve fan engagement and account growth.
- Stay abreast of pop culture trends in both Klean’s core sales channels, as well as higher level social media and cultural trends:
- Use this knowledge to influence content mix and brand collaboration opportunities
- In conjunction with Marketing & Brand Team, monitor key competitor social strategies and initiatives to help drive fresh, engaging content and best practices.
Leadership and Collaboration:
- Actively supports code of conduct related to sustainability and environmental stewardship
- Fosters and develops leadership throughout the team. Develops and executes a development plan for the team as a whole and for each person (including self) within the team including demonstrated professional growth for each individual.
- Actively supports a culture of accountability while maintaining the camaraderie and friendly nature so valued by the staff and leadership team of Klean Kanteen.
- Works in close collaboration with the entire organization.
- Measures and monitors progress against objectives and performance targets.
- Effectively collaborates with internal and external constituencies.
- Follows departmental and company processes and procedures.
Mission and Values:
- Is a champion and advocate of the mission in all actions and interactions with our customers, partners and staff.
- Actively supports Klean Kanteen values.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
- Able to work independently; self-starter, self-directed and self-motivated.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent strategic, and organizational skills; ability to organize, plan and manage multiple priorities and tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to develop and maintain social media metric tracking via Excel and social reporting platforms.
- Strong working knowledge of social media apps, reporting tools and dashboards.
- Proficiency with the Adobe Creative Cloud suite of applications. Specifically: Illustrator, Photoshop and Premiere Pro.
- Direct experience as an in-house photographer for social media, marketing or communications role, including photo and video editing experience.
- Proven customer service skills with internal and external customers both in-person and via other media such as e-mail and telephone.
- Ability to make good decisions - think quickly, act decisively, inform others.
- Proven analytical, research, problem-solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to communicate professionally with all types of customers, people at all levels of the organization and external contacts.
- Strong knowledge of current social media and pop culture trends in the consumer goods space.
Education or Formal Training:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Communications preferred.
Direct or relevant combination of training and experience that would provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities in qualifying.
- Three to five years of related experience in marketing, with a heavy focus on social media community management and content creation required
- Outdoor industry, or natural products experience preferred
- Passion for and interest in sustainability, reusable solutions and the mission of Klean Kanteen
Material and Equipment Directly Used:
- MAC Laptop, standard computer printers and faxes, copy machines and other office equipment
- Adobe Creative Cloud software (Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, InDesign, Acrobat)
- Dropbox and Basecamp
- Cloud based social analytics and management platforms (Hootsuite, Sprout Social, Hashtracking)
Working Environment/Physical Activities:
- Ability to travel for key tradeshows and grassroots-sponsored events required.
- Standard business / cubicle environment as well as outdoors
- Bending, and reaching forward, sideways, and overhead
- Sitting and standing for long periods at a time
- Operation of motor vehicle (requires valid California driver’s license)
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER / AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT COMPLIANT / VETERANS’ PREFERENCE POLICY / DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE
Position closes on 2/6/18 at 4:30 pm.