The Clinical Education Associate performs a variety of administrative duties to support the Clinical Education Department’s goal of ensuring a successful clinical education experience through successful and timely selection and placement of student internships; leading to transition from classroom to commencement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures all required student documentation is kept current; including health and admission requirements.
- Attends classroom meetings to explain and/or distribute pertinent materials to students as necessary as a follow-up to orientation. Inform student on who will be their primary point of contact while enrolled; answers questions and provides clarification regarding students’ immunizations, background checks and drug screens, to ensure specific requirements for clinical site.
- Prepares letters, memos and other forms of communication to outside constituencies.
- Works directly with central functions to maintain accurate clinical site requirements in order for students to attend; ensures each student is compliant with the specific requirements.
- Works closely with students to facilitate successful clinical experiences; identifies student issues and addresses them in a courteous, accurate and timely manner.
- Works directly with clinical education faculty to ensure successful student clinical experiences.
- Maintains accurate student and site information in placement database.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with clinical site personnel to facilitate student placement; maintains contact with sites to obtain information on internship opportunities.
- Communicates, coordinates and confirms with clinical sites to determine internship availability and placement for students.
- Maintains accurate and confidential student clinical education files in accordance with University, FERPA and HIPAA requirements.
- Responds to site affiliate inquiries and questions; addresses concerns in a courteous, accurate and timely manner.
- Performs duties in support of University’s core values.
- Attends student orientation and open house each trimester to ensure student compliance for clinical site.
- Maintains databases such as Constant Contact as needed for all programs.
- Creates and delivers reports as requested by faculty for the purpose of student placement.
- Creates and delivers reports as requested by department head.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma; Undergraduate degree in healthcare or business preferred
- Previous administrative/customer service experience required (preferably in secondary education or healthcare)
- Experience with database management
- Strong interpersonal skills including effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work accurately in a highly dynamic environment
- Ability to multitask and prioritize to complete tasks and projects with tight deadlines
- Exhibit patience and a positive attitude in establishing and encouraging a learning environment
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team, and to interact effectively with colleagues, administrators, faculty members and students, as well as external constituencies
- Familiarity with the needs of students and a diverse student population
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite