Supervisor, Global IT Support Services job in Columbia
Vacancy has expired
Company Name:Laureate Education
Education & Training
Certified B Corporation
State / Province:
The Supervisor, Global IT Support Services is responsible for providing technical leadership to a workgroup for the execution of day-to-day activities associated with providing support to Laureate Executive employees and authorized users of Corporate computer networks, related software, and associated peripherals, and globally for Laureate initiatives based on follow-the-sun support methodologies. Responsible for the overall operations status, accomplishment, outstanding issues, and mitigations to incidents that affect IT Operations as it relates to the customer experience under guidance provided by the Senior Director, Global IT Support Services. Responsible for providing an exceptional customer service experience to all who request service from the Global IT Support Services Team. Incumbent may be required to perform duties outside of normal business hours. Multilingual a plus.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide Technical and Task Leadership in the area of responsibility assigned.
Provide Microsoft Office Tier 2 support for Global Laureate institutions participating in the O365 Network Tenants
- Microsoft Exchange/O365 Email Tenant Support
- Create and troubleshoot email accounts including integrations with other email platforms
- Assist with the use of ant troubleshooting of O365 Collaboration Platforms.
Perform tasks as they concern the overall operation of the technical support of Executives and VIP users.
- Troubleshoot and initiate global video conference facilities, including setup, configuration, and operation of integrated systems.
- Configuration of mobile devices, including troubleshooting, procurement, and administration of accounts.
- Plan, assist and execute on-site and off-site events held by various departments and VIP level executives.
- Communicate and document issues as they pertain to essential support and service using the Laureate Service Management System.
- Monitor assigned and open tickets to seek fast resolutions
- Review all open tickets for update and resolution on a daily basis.
- Monitor all pertinent support queues to ensure work is moving in a timely and reasonable pace. Take appropriate action by notifying responsible parties of any potential bottlenecks, potential service level agreement failures, and breach of Helpdesk service policies and procedures.
- Accurately escalate tickets by assigning to appropriate groups and following associated protocol.
- Use all available resources to resolve each reported problem within the current Service Level Agreement.
- Participate in hiring Technical Analysts.
- Training Technical Analysts on operational procedures and troubleshooting techniques.
- Coaching, mentoring and providing guidance and career development to assigned staff.
- Required to carry a mobile device to provide on-call or 24x7 support.
- Coordinate with remote teams globally to ensure support consistency.
- Ensures workstation support functions related to the technical support of the employees and authorized users of the network and resources. Includes workstation configuration and installation and system update maintenance.
- Participate in projects such as new tools and rollouts of business related software and hardware, standards, processes and procedures, and training.
- May also be responsible for logistics support, SOX audit via defined requirements within the operational environment.
- Improving quality and consistency of support activities.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
TECHNICAL, MANAGERIAL, and PEOPLE SKILLS REQUIRED:
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Incumbents will be evaluated, in part, based on the performance of each essential function. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Ability to recognize and respond quickly to critical matters
- Strong leadership and coaching skills.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to troubleshoot applications and hardware in a methodical and rational manner
- Ability to think logically and abstractly
- Ability to work with a progressive staff in a culture of empowerment and accountability
- Intermediate/Advanced understanding and familiarity of Microsoft operating systems
- Intermediate/Advanced understanding and familiarity of the MS Office Suites
- Intermediate/Advanced understanding of videoconferencing technologies
- Ability to quickly learn new technical concepts, ideas, and theories
- Communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to follow instructions
ref: (SB_10585) 67 days agoBack to search results