Senior Survey Statistician job in Arlington
Fors Marsh Group LLC (FMG) is an applied research consulting firm based in Northern Virginia. Our primary mission is to leverage insights from the social sciences for improved organizational decision-making.
FMG is seeking an experienced and motivated Senior Survey Statistician to work as part of a team primarily focused on research methods and data analysis. This individual’s primary responsibility will be to provide methodological and statistical expertise for surveys designed and executed specifically for our clients.
- Designing and executing sampling and weighting plans for various probability and non-probability survey efforts ranging from large national surveys to smaller survey efforts targeting specific populations.
- Applying sophisticated principles in the fields of survey methodology, sampling, survey statistics, and/or other social science disciplines to design, conduct, and analyze complex national surveys.
- Planning and designing survey administrations to optimize cost, estimate precision, and minimize respondent burden.
- Preparing technical reports, presentations, and executive summaries.
- Advancing the reputation of our organization through participation at professional conferences, publication of research studies, and continued technical training.
- Participating in project meetings and assisting project managers with development of research projects.
- Serving as a technical lead on research projects with a strong survey methods focus.
- Analyzing and presenting results for survey data.
- Knowledge and experience with sampling, weighting, non-response analysis/adjustments, missing data techniques, questionnaire design, and assessing/minimizing survey bias, variance and error.
- Bachelor’s degree in survey research, statistics, social sciences or a related field with emphasis on Survey Methodology required (Graduate degree preferred).
- Ability to work effectively as a team leader, team member, or independently.
- Experience with statistical software packages (e.g., SPSS/Stata) and Microsoft Office computer software applications.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Applicants may be subject to a low-level government security investigation and must meet eligibility criteria for access to sensitive information.
- Highly competitive benefit/compensation package
- A highly collegial and intellectually stimulating work environment
- A company culture promoting work/life balance
FMG Is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity