Fors Marsh Group LLC (FMG) is an applied research consulting firm based in Northern Virginia. Our primary mission is to leverage insights from the social sciences for improved organizational decision-making.
FMG is seeking an experienced and motivated Survey Statistician to work as part of a team primarily focused on research methods and data analysis. This individual’s primary responsibility will be to provide methodological and statistical expertise for surveys designed and executed specifically for our clients.
- Designing and executing sampling and weighting plans for various probability and non-probability survey efforts ranging from large national surveys to smaller survey efforts targeting specific populations.
- Applying sophisticated principles in the fields of survey methodology, sampling, survey statistics, and/or other social science disciplines to design, conduct, and analyze complex national surveys.
- Planning and designing survey administrations to optimize cost, estimate precision, and minimize respondent burden.
- Preparing technical reports, presentations, and executive summaries.
- Advancing the reputation of our organization through participation at professional conferences, publication of research studies, and continued technical training.
- Participating in project meetings and assisting project managers with development of research projects.
- Serving as a technical lead on research projects with a strong survey methods focus.
- Analyzing and presenting results for survey data.
- Knowledge and experience with sampling, weighting, non-response analysis/adjustments, missing data techniques, questionnaire design, and assessing/minimizing survey bias, variance and error.
- Bachelor’s degree in survey research, statistics, social sciences or a related field with emphasis on Survey Methodology required (Graduate degree preferred).
- Ability to work effectively as a team leader, team member, or independently.
- Experience with statistical software packages (e.g., SPSS/Stata) and Microsoft Office computer software applications.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Applicants may be subject to a low-level government security investigation and must meet eligibility criteria for access to sensitive information.
- Highly competitive benefit/compensation package
- A highly collegial and intellectually stimulating work environment
- A company culture promoting work/life balance
FMG Is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity