Microsoft Office Administrator job in Arlington
Fors Marsh Group LLC (FMG) is an applied research firm located in Northern Virginia. Our primary mission is to leverage insights from the social sciences to enhance decision making around communication, market research, and human resource management. As a thriving small business, we are committed to providing opportunities to our employees and challenging them to provide the best possible solutions for our clients.
Fors Marsh Group is currently looking for a self-motivated and competent individual for a Microsoft Office Administrator position to join our team at our client site in Alexandria, VA. The person in this role will be responsible for supporting our employees with our survey reporting tool and MS Suite applications. The person in this role will work closely with an on-site programmer who will provide training on key responsibilities listed below.
- Support team members with complex document preparation and production, including compiling and editing documents.
- Assist on-site programmer with technical support and documentation.
- Work with on-site programmer to create automation running over multiple MS Office applications to export tables/queries and run MS Excel macros.
- Maintain and enhance template sets (including MS Word and PPT templates).
- Eventually, conduct training sessions with new employees and maintain training and reference documentation for software tools.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Computer Science, Social Science, or related field)
- 2-5 years of professional experience
- Strong organizational skills, accuracy, and attention to detail
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to work across multiple projects and adjust to changing priorities and deadlines
- Familiarity with MS Office Products (e.g., Word, Excel, PPT) and VBA.
- U.S. Citizen
- Must be comfortable working with sensitive topics such as sexual assault and suicide
- A highly collegial work environment
- A company culture promoting work/life balance
- Engaging and highly-visible work
- Highly competitive benefit/compensation package
FMG Is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity