The Honest Internship Program takes place at our headquarters in Playa Vista, CA. The program will run for 9 weeks from June 11th to August 10th, and is a paid, full-time internship. Interns must be available for the full duration of the program.
The application deadline is March 30th, 2018, however our team reviews applications on a rolling basis so it’s in your best interest to apply early!
As the MBA Intern for Finance and Strategy, you’ll have visibility into essential and business-critical processes. You’ll also partner with senior leaders throughout the organization to drive key business initiatives across Honest. The Finance and Strategy team is made up of problem solvers focused on enhancing The Honest Company’s growth. This is an exciting opportunity to gain experience in a growth environment and own high-priority, high-impact projects.
What you’ll do:
- Provide deep insights and discover opportunities that drive our business (e.g. customer insights, market trends, competitive analysis, growth strategies for new channels and products)
- Develop and present analyses and reports on key financial and operating metrics and performance indicators, translating them into actionable business strategy
- Collaborate and coordinate with stakeholders across the company in the development and execution of key projects and initiatives
- Support Honest’s continued expansion, which will include driving analytical initiatives such as financial modeling and forecasting, go-to-market strategy formulation, channel performance measurement, and partnership negotiations
- Assist in evaluation and implementation of strategic initiatives by performing such analyses as ROI, market sizing, benchmarking, market deep dives, etc.
- Develop a deep understanding of industry trends as well as competitive threats and opportunities
You’ll love this internship if you’re:
- Dedicated and fast-moving. You’re known to operate with passion, urgency, focus, and discipline
- Quick on your feet! When problems arise, you reliably produce responses and solutions with speed
- An exceptional communicator. No matter the audience, you deliver your thoughts clearly, concisely, and confidently
- Adaptable and ambitious. You will enthusiastically take on other assignments as needed to support your team!
What you’ll need:
- Must be currently enrolled in, or a recent graduate of, an MBA or graduate program
- Prior analytical experience in investment banking, private equity, management consulting, or in a corporate development or strategy role
- Strong financial acumen and grasp of corporate finance fundamentals
- Advanced Excel modeling and PowerPoint skills
- Superior verbal and written communications skills, particularly the ability to develop cogent arguments and present them concisely to a range of stakeholders, including executives
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative, fast-paced, high-energy environment, and possess the skills to foster strong internal and external business relationships
- Willingness to shift from high-level strategic thinking to stepping in and helping to drive implementation alongside functional teams
Bonus points for:
- Knowledge of basic data management principles