The Honest Internship Program takes place at our headquarters in Playa Vista, CA. The program will run for 9 weeks from June 11th to August 10th, and is a paid, full-time internship. Interns must be available for the full duration of the program.
The application deadline is March 30th, 2018, however our team reviews applications on a rolling basis so it’s in your best interest to apply early!
As an R&D Package Engineering Intern, you’ll manage a new product launch from ideation to commercialization. You’ll assist with researching vendors and collaborating with suppliers on specs and pricing to bring the products to market. If you’re an exceptional multi-tasker and excited to dive head-first into retail packaging development, we’re looking for you!
What you’ll do:
- Collect packaging components from strategic packaging suppliers that are aligned with the packaging design brief
- Build a master spreadsheet that calls out general packaging and cost information
- Provide project updates to product and packaging managers on a regular basis
- Work with vendors to source all required samples for primary and secondary packaging
- Review launch-related copy for accuracy
- Communicate with vendors on cost, material shipping, and logistics
- Manage relationships with Operations, Retail, and Fulfillment to ensure on-time delivery of projects to market
- Ensure on-time delivery of all samples, products, line extension, and packaging projects against company calendars
- Analyze category, brand, and competitive trends to generate key conclusions, implications, and recommended action plans
You’ll love this internship if you’re:
- A talented juggler. You can successfully manage competing priorities, and you make it look easy
- Dedicated and fast-moving. You’re known to operate with passion, urgency, focus and integrity
- An exceptional communicator. No matter the audience, you deliver your thoughts clearly, concisely, and confidently
- A dynamite problem solver and project manager. You’re always thinking (at least) one step ahead
- Adaptable and ambitious. You will enthusiastically take on other assignments as needed to support your team!
What you’ll need:
- Must be currently enrolled in, or a recent graduate of, an undergraduate degree program specializing in mechanical engineering, chemical engineering, material or packaging science
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Ability to motivate and influence cross-functional groups and stakeholders across the organization
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability
Bonus points for:
- Traditional merchandising or consumer packaged goods experience