|The Help Desk Manager is responsible for the execution of day-to-day activities associated with providing technical support to the students, faculty and staff, related software, and associated peripherals. Responsible for the overall operations status, accomplishment, outstanding issues and mitigations to incidents that affect IT Operations under guidance provided by the Executive Director, Information Technology. Responsible for providing an exceptional customer service experience to all who request service from the University of St. Augustine Help Desk. The position manages operational support (Levels 1 - 3), standards of support for all three campuses, and is responsible for coordinating with the Systems Support Team Lead to ensure uniform configuration and services. Activities require interaction with application software and operating systems to diagnose and resolve unique, non-recurring problems. This position utilizes one-on-one consultancy to end users.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:Responsibilities include:
TECHNICAL, MANAGERIAL, and PEOPLE SKILLS REQUIREDTo perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Incumbents will be evaluated, in part, based on performance of each essential function. Appropriate reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Manages performance of staff, authority to initiate counseling or performance plans, also recommends promotions, hiring, and terminations.
- Communicates and coaches the professional and technical development of direct reports; enabling them to set goals and meet core competencies
- Develops, leads, and coaches Help Desk team members to deliver excellent technical/non-technical support with outstanding customer service, satisfaction, and timeliness, communication, and technical skills, in order to enhance the quality of support delivered.
- Supports and demonstrates student-centered behaviors.
- Exhibits good leadership and communication skills.
- Insures the team is adhering to Laureate IT best practices.
- Communicates meaningful information, allowing management to make good decisions.
- Communicates technical notifications in a timely fashion.
- Keeps abreast of state-of-the-art developments through attendance at professional meetings and seminars, literature.
- Develops and communicates procedures and policies to standardize support across campuses.
- Implements the support strategies across campuses.
- Works with vendor contacts to resolve technical problems with desktop computing equipment and software.
- Works with Help Desk and Network Operations staff as appropriate to determine and resolve problems received from end users.
- Manages the trainings and orientation provided to end users on use of hardware and software.
- Recommends and/or performs upgrades on systems to ensure longevity.
- Works with procurement staff to purchase hardware and software.
- Assesses functional business needs to determine specifications for purchases.
- Coordinates the maintaining of LAN/WAN records and, as appropriate, telephone systems.
- Conducts interviews for open positions
- Participate in projects such as new tools and rollouts of business related software and hardware, standards, processes and procedures and training.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Upholds University’s professional, ethics and integrity standards.
- Follows University’s core values.
·Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in event management or project management and/or equivalent combination of education, experience and training that provides the required knowledge and abilities to do the job
·Technical aptitude and knowledge of integrated audiovisual systems including
- Skype for Business
·Excellent oral and written communication skills.
·Excellent customer service skills and ability to interact well with clients and staff
·Self-motivated. Works well independently and in a team setting under time constraints.
·Ability to multi-task and learn and apply new skills quickly
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Minimum Education (or equivalent) required:
- Bachelors Degree (Preferably in CIS, CS, IS or other computing area). Relevant experience may substitute for the degree requirement on a year for year basis.
Minimum Experience required:
- A minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in IT support environment
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience managing help desk management applications including production of meaningful qualitative and quantitative metrics
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience managing help desk or other support functions