Be Fresh Local Market, cultivated by SPUD.CA is our retail division of cafes and markets within the beautiful city of Vancouver! Depending on the location, you can expect to find anything from speciality coffee drinks, on-tap kombucha, freshly prepared & vibrant on-the-go meals, to a smaller market stocked with organic groceries and cool local vendors. We hire nice people, who thrive on providing authentic, and special customer service experiences, and connecting with the community. If you have a passion for delicious, organic food, supporting local, and living sustainably- apply now to join our team!
Be Fresh is looking for a Part-time or Full-time Customer Service Rep for our Be Fresh Local Market, Kitsilano (either Cypress at 1900 West 1st Avenue or Bayswater 2951 West Broadway).
We are growing and love to promote from within plus you will receive 20% off of all our cool, local products!
What you'll do
- Greet and assist customers with a smile and great attitude to help make their day special!
- Ring through purchases, take orders, and whip up a yummy coffee drink or smoothie.
- General daily café operations.
- Ensure shelves are fully stocked, and merchandised correctly, according to instruction.
- Work with your team to ensure a positive relationship and goals are met.
- Keep the cafe market clean and tidy.
- Assisting in any light food prep as required.
Our compensation package consists of
- $12.00- 12.50 per hour, based on experience
- 20% discount on all of our products on spud.ca and at Be Fresh!
- Extended Health Care Benefits (for employees working more than 24 hours per week after 90 days) including: massage therapy, acupuncture, naturopath, physiotherapy, psychologist, chiropractor, 80% dental and prescriptions covered, life insurance, travel insurance, discounted eye exam- and more!
What you'll need
- A passion for supporting local, community, sustainability, and healthy, organic food!
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service.
- Experience in food service, or retail is preferred.
- Passion for local, organic, sustainable food and products.
- Enthusiasm, energy, and a positive attitude!
SPUD is more than just an online grocery company; we have a deep passion for local and organic foods and have set out on a journey to support healthy families. We are entrepreneurial, humble, have a resilient drive to succeed and we really love our customers.
Our local food movement involves delivering local and organic groceries to homes and offices with four Western Canadian locations in Edmonton, Calgary, Victoria and Vancouver. In each location, we hire locally, buy locally, and deliver locally. We work to simplify and enrich the lives of our customers, staff, suppliers and community partners.
Our Core Values:
- FIGHT to Create Amazing Customer Experiences Worth Sharing
- Have a Passion for Sustainable Food
- Be Open to the Perspective of Others
- Learn, Grow and Win as a Team
- Be Scrappy and Own It
- Find the Fun Together
SPUD.ca is a certified B Corporation who is committed to solving social and environmental problems. Some of these efforts involve the following five things we do:
- We package our items in reusable bins to eliminate unnecessary packaging.
- We recycle, and help you recycle too.
- We work to reduce food waste and compost.
- We buy local products and list food miles.
- We have a strict Sustainable Purchasing Policy for all of our food.
SPUD is an equal opportunity employer.