|Temporary Field Experience Operations CoordinatorGENERAL SUMMARY:
The Field Experience Operations Coordinator is responsible for assisting with the field experience processes for the School of Counseling. This is a full-time position in the School of Counseling Office of Field Experience (SOC-OFE). This position will report to the SOC-OFE Operations Director. This position will work closely with Field Experience Operations and Academic Coordinators, the Field Experience Director, Field Experience Faculty, Academic Advisors, the Central Office of Field Experience (COFE), as well as other administrators in the college.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as the main point of contact for a cohort of students regarding all matters related to field experience, including but not limited to: field experience requirements, site search support resources, application process and requirements, registration, and issues that arise during field experience. Communicate with students via email as well as telephone appointment.
- Coordinate a comprehensive review of field experience applications for a cohort of students, including completing the operations reviews, ensuring the academic review is completed, and monitoring and following up with students, site supervisors, and faculty to ensure the application process is completed.
- Work with field site contacts to establish affiliation agreements with each field site. Initiate contact with field site regarding affiliation agreement and work in partnership with university contract administrators and serve as a liaison between university and outside field sites.
- Track and maintain complete and accurate student field experience files, field experience applications, site and site supervisor information across a variety of platforms.
- Communicate with students via phone and electronic methods to counsel and advise students across counseling programs on field experience information, requirements, policies and procedures.
- Assist Field Experience Director, Field Experience Academic Coordinators and Field Experience Faculty in resolving student problems arising out of field experience.
- Work in partnership with field experience staff members as a team member to accomplish field experience goals.
- Attend meetings as requested.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the SOC-OFE Operations Director and Field Experience Director.
- Must possess a bachelor’s degree, preferably in counseling or a related area.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, written and verbal communication, detail-oriented, multitasking, and organizational skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent time management skills, with an ability to set and meet deadlines.
- Creative, innovative, and strategic thinking as well as the ability to work independently.
- Ability to independently work with faculty and graduate students at a distance.
- Ability to anticipate future trends and problems and plan for them accordingly.
- Ability to learn Walden’s administrative database and software systems.
- Successful experience working in a team setting.
- Experience in the area of academic or other student advising is preferred.
- Experience in an online distance-learning environment is preferred.
- Experience working with graduate students in an educational environment is preferred.
- Demonstrate proficiency in operating Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.