Center Support Staff (Great Pacific Child Development Center) job
Vacancy has expired
The Center Support Staff is responsible for providing substitute coverage for classroom teachers in the infant/toddler, preschool and school age classrooms. Such responsibilities will include: physical caregiving, implementation of age appropriate/individually appropriate curriculum and facilitating supportive relationships with parents and coworkers.
Essential Job Functions:
The responsibilities of this position will include, but not be limited to the following:
Early Childhood Programming
- Ensure the children’s safety within the inside and outside environments at all times.
- Responsible for formulating relationships with parents and children that are respectful of individual differences, family styles and cultural/socioeconomic diversity.
- Responsible for ensuring that all meal and rest breaks for the staff and the changes in the daily schedule for the children [outside time, meals for the children, diaper changes, etc.] are done in an organized manner so as to create a sense of routine in the environment for the children.
- Provide feedback to staff and program directors about consistency of practices within the program.
- Strive to create a state of the art childcare program.
- Interactions With Children
- In an effort to develop each child’s language skills, responsible for communicating to parents, staff and the children in a positive manner. Strive to create a language-rich program.
- Treat each child with dignity and respect.
- Help each child to become aware of his/her role as an integral member of the group.
- Help each child to become comfortable with him/herself.
- Encourage children’s active involvement in problem solving.
- In an effort to develop the children to be effective decision makers, encourage children to be responsible for their actions.
Working With Parents
- Work with each classroom team to effectively address parent issues.
- Create an environment that embraces open communications between staff and parents.
Supporting Positive Staff Relationships
- Attend and participate in all staff meetings.
- Attend all recommended in-service trainings.
- Direct all issues to the suitable person in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Complete all assigned paperwork (daily information sheets/daily attendance, shopping lists, daily staff-child ratios, etc.) in a timely manner.
- Continually able to observe and respond to children’s needs, emergencies and/or conflicts that might occur during the day (inside or outside environment).
- Continually able to supervise children outside exposed to the sun and changing temperatures.
- Continually able to lift 1-40 pounds from the floor to a waist high table.
- Continually able to kneel down to maintain eye contact at child’s level.
- Continually able to sit on the floor to work with children.
- Continually able to react to a child that is 20 to 30 feet away within 30 seconds.
- Continually able to carry a child (1 to 40 pounds), up to 50-100 feet.
- Continually able to respond to children’s first aid needs (inside and outside) which may include cuts, bruises, blood/bodily fluids.
- Continually able to communicate clearly and calmly to children, parents and co-workers.
- Continually able to deal effectively with the stress involved in working closely with children, parents and co-workers.
- Continually able to do fine and medium hand manipulations.
Minimum Job Qualifications
- High school graduate
- Two year’s experience working with GPCDC’s children
- Twelve (12) units in Early Childhood Education (Child Growth & Development, Child, Family & Community, and two program development courses)
- Show proof of current immunizations
- Successful completion of the fingerprinting process and/or successful transfer of fingerprints from another program.
- Successful completion of the hiring packet.
- Excellent customer service skills in person and on the phone.
- Comfortable with team-based works structure; demonstrates flexibility and initiative on the job.
- Is conscientious and provides complete follow-through on areas of responsibility
Preferred Job Qualifications
- Possession of a valid Class B or Youth Bus certification
- Fluent in Spanish
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.