Revolution Foods is a food company that develops new ideas for consumers of our K-12 school meals and Direct to Consumer products. We are looking for someone to join our Home Office Team in Oakland to support the catering and hospitality needs of our staff.
The primary responsibility of the Sous Chef is to plan and prepare the daily corporate staff meal for approximately 50-60 people. Secondary tasks include supporting the Kitchen Manager in other culinary and hospitality tasks around our Home Office including
inventory management and daily kitchen maintenance.
- Culinary Degree and 3 years professional cooking experience or 5+ years professional experience with increasing responsibilities.
- Ability to follow recipes and when necessary create meals based on what is available.
- Assist Kitchen Manager in maintaining daily operations of the RD kitchen.
- Strong command of basic cooking skills like sautéing, roasting, braising, blanching.
- Ability to work independently to produce meals in a timely manner.
- Current Food Handler (ServSafe) Certification.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Resourceful, creative and proactive.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds regularly and 40 pounds occasionally.
The ideal candidate has:
- A well-developed palate and good understanding of flavor development.
- A strong work ethic, good attention to detail and ability to work clean and fast.
- An enthusiasm for all aspects of the culinary field.
Key Performance Indicators
- Demonstrated ability to execute excellent flavors, textures and visual appeal on all food projects with an attention to detail on all points of quality, cost and waste management.
- Demonstrated ability to establish a culture of respect, hard work and consistency with Revolution Foods employees.
- Demonstrated ability to execute high quality culinary events, caterings and tastings that represent the Revolution Foods quality standards.