Manager, Print & Packaging Design job in Los Angeles
Vacancy has expired
The Honest Company is dedicated to helping people live a happy and healthy life. Founded in 2012, we're a mission-driven company providing 100+ safe, effective, and delightful products across a wide range of consumer categories, including baby, personal care, beauty, home care, and vitamins & supplements, to a passionate community of consumers united by values and style. Honest products are available across the U.S. via honest.com and honestbeauty.com and at more than 15,000 retail locations across North America. The Honest Company is privately held and headquartered in Los Angeles, California.
We're on a mission to empower people to live happy, healthy lives. We're a wellness brand with values rooted in consciousness, community, transparency, and design. Every day and in every way, we hold ourselves to an Honest standard. We believe that it is our responsibility to do our part to help create a healthy and sustainable future for all.
We are looking for a Manager of Print & Packaging Design with extensive experience in print design with an emphasis on packaging in an e-commerce / CPG environment. The ideal candidate has a design approach that matches the Honest aesthetic—clean and modern with personality. You’ll be expected to lead the execution and deployment of specific projects related to our seasonal diaper patterns, printed collateral, product packaging design, and outward facing company deliverables.
What you’ll do:
- Lead design projects from brief to completion in partnership with our Marketing & Product teams across the Honest classic and Honest Beauty suite of products
- Manage a team of retail and packaging designers while taking a hands on approach in concepting and creating packaging design, copy direction, and marketing collateral
- Manage the workflow of incoming requests and execute projects from the conceptual stage to final product against tight deadlines
- Drive design decisions according to current creative best practices and brand guidelines
- Maintain a consistent brand identity/experience across lineup of products cohesive with the brand aesthetic
- Quickly and accurately produce high quality assets and well thought out design solutions
- Incorporate design direction and feedback from multiple departments and stakeholders
You’ll love this job if you’re:
- An expert at execution. You can produce at a quick pace in a rapidly changing environment and love the feeling of churning through projects!
- Driven by details. You notice every tiny detail without losing the big picture and you are constantly critiquing and analyzing every brand experience.
- An outstanding designer and creative director. You’re a superstar in your field with a gleaming portfolio to match
- A strong communicator and collaborator. You’ll work effectively with all members of the organization, from individual contributors to top execs
- Adaptable and ambitious. You will enthusiastically take on other assignments as needed to support your team!
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent experience)
- 6+ years professional design experience, preferably in-house for a reputable CPG or e-commerce brand
- 3 + years product & packaging design reflected in a strong portfolio
- 2+ years experience managing & mentoring a team of designers
- Solid experience in printing processes, during preflight as well as production and press checks
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, particularly InDesign
- Strong understanding of design principles, brand guidelines, and a keen awareness of current design trends and technologies
Benefits & Perks
We offer a competitive benefits package including comprehensive health and wellness coverage, 401k with company match, wellness incentives including a monthly fitness reimbursement and onsite fitness classes, options for education reimbursement, and a discount on all products. We value work-life balance and offer a generous and flexible vacation policy. Thinking about adding little ones to your family? Honest offers generous maternity and paternity leave. We love the furry kids too and offer pet insurance so your companions are well taken care of.
*MUST PROVIDE PORTFOLIO LINK FOR CONSIDERATION*