The Honest Company is dedicated to helping people live a happy and healthy life. Founded in 2012, we're a mission-driven company providing 100+ safe, effective, and delightful products across a wide range of consumer categories, including baby, personal care, beauty, home care, and vitamins & supplements, to a passionate community of consumers united by values and style. Honest products are available across the U.S. via honest.com and honestbeauty.com and at more than 15,000 retail locations across North America. The Honest Company is privately held and headquartered in Los Angeles, California.
We're on a mission to empower people to live happy, healthy lives. We're a wellness brand with values rooted in consciousness, community, transparency, and design. Every day and in every way, we hold ourselves to an Honest standard. We believe that it is our responsibility to do our part to help create a healthy and sustainable future for all.
We’re looking for a Product Development Manager for our Baby Personal Care category. As a Product Development Manager, you’ll be the liaison between Product Development, Marketing and other key functions to cultivate, develop, and renovate Baby Personal Care products to meet the shared category strategic vision and innovation pipeline.
What you’ll do:
- Manage product development plans, formulation clarity and implementation, interfacing with the packaging team, and Claims & Clinicals team
- Partner with Marketing, Sourcing and Project Management to lead projects through the Honest NPD stage gate process from concept to launch
- Partner with Marketing to effectively lead projects to commercialize new products or product improvements with excellence including problem solving challenges
- Partner with Sourcing to manage relationships with manufacturers, including opportunities for product improvement and supply chain structure
- Assist with all Technical Transfer activities
- Enhance the front-end process and conduct effective research to uncover insights to drive development of concepts, packaging offerings, rapid prototyping, and developing product elements
- Develop strategies and implementation plans to improve projects, products, packaging and programs and to streamline functions
- Responsible for developing efficient project and program tracking tools to manage complexity of projects
- Partner with Project Management to ensure on-time development and, ultimately, launch of products, line extensions, and packaging projects against company calendars
- Analyze category, ingredient trends, and dynamics leading to key conclusions, implications and recommended action plans
- Attend various tradeshows and conferences. Responsibilities at the shows will include manufacturer and raw material supplier meetings, ingredient trends reporting, competitive review and on-going education
You’ll love this job if you’re:
- A strong communicator and collaborator. You work effectively with all members of the organization, from individual contributors to top execs
- A talented juggler. You successfully manage competing priorities, and you make it look easy
- Creative and resourceful. You can independently solve problems with ease
- Focused and fast-paced. You’re quick, organized, and you work with a sense of urgency
- Adaptable and ambitious. You will enthusiastically take on other assignments as needed to support your team!
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years experience of product development or formulating experience in CPG personal care (R&D, pilot plant, or manufacturing)
- 3+ years experience and demonstrated abilities in influencing cross-functional teams and managing high volume of projects successfully
- Demonstrated leadership and technical expertise in product development, preferably in a consumer packaged goods or retail company
- Combined creative problem solving, consumer insight understanding, and an aptitude for strategic thinking in a fluid environment
- Experience in applying stage gate processes and product improvement processes against high quality standards
- Experience in managing budgets and financial metrics
- Willingness to travel up to 15%, as needed