Sales Director, North America
Are you someone who’s not afraid to be defiant, who stands up to the status quo and is a hard-core adventurer? Do you thrive in a disruptive world, take risks and find comfort in the uncomfortable? The Sales Director, North America will be responsible for managing and growing multiple Techstars corporate partner innovation programs. We surround our entrepreneurs with the top 1% of mentors and startup investors and the Sales Director , North America will drive our engagement with the top 1% of corporate brands. We’ve already seen tremendous success partnering with the likes of Amazon, Barclays, Disney, Ford, Metro, MetLife, Nike, Stanley Black & Decker, Target and Rakuten. Now we’re looking for an innovator with a track record of success in corporate engagement to help us pave the road forward.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Navigate complex and consultative sales cycles, typically defined as six months or longer with a variety of stakeholders, decision-makers and influencers at multiple levels
- Drive revenue growth across corporate innovation partnerships
- Work with Sales management to define North American target verticals, ensure client satisfaction and consistently drive the overall quality of our brand and programs upward
- Work as a member of the sales team to dirve North American corporate partnership strategy and execution by working closely with the SVP Sales to exceed revenue and margin objectives
- Strive to exceed revenue goals and foster a culture of excellence
- Secure a pipeline of new partners through market analysis, outside calls and corporate relationship development
- Develop proposals and presentations
- Collaborate with SVP of Sales to develop additional sponsorship opportunities and revenue streams.
- Minimum of 7+ years experience of demonstrated success in a consultative selling role interacting with C-Suite executives of large enterprise companies (think Fortune 500) and governments
- Startup DNA; You are a do-er and a creator, not just a thinker; absurdly driven, relationship-focused, people person
- Experience selling complex services and solutions into the C-Suite and consistently closing deals upward of seven figures
- Demonstrated track record of consistently exceeding sales performance metrics, e.g. quotas, pipeline, forecast accuracy
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills; professional demeanor, and ability to effectively present and negotiate with VP level and C-suite executives; comfort and experience dealing with stakeholders at large organization
- Experience with venture capital (either directly or indirectly); understands what it means to work for a small high pace/high growth company
- Fits the Techstars culture (people-oriented, adaptable, supportive, creative)
- A Bachelor's degree (or commensurate experience) in Business, preferably marketing and sales
- Thrives (demonstrated) working in a distributed/independent environment
- Experience with complex and large sales transactions with longer sales cycles
- The idea of working cross-functionally across Techstars and with other companies to come up with innovative solutions and ideas excites you
- Experienced working within a Salesforce.com environment.
- You are familiar with both the corporate and startup world and are able to act as a “translator” between the two (experience with corporate transformation projects is a plus)
- You enjoy traveling locally, nationally, and internationally, sometimes dropping everything and jumping on a plane to make a deal happen (75% travel is expected to ensure face to face relationship development)
- Good sense of humor, ability to adapt to change, no job too small attitude
Techstars is the worldwide network that helps entrepreneurs succeed. Through the Techstars Worldwide Entrepreneur Network, founders and their teams connect with other entrepreneurs, experts, mentors, alumni, investors, community leaders, and corporate partners who will help their companies grow. Techstars operates four divisions: Techstars Startup Programs, Techstars Mentorship-Driven Accelerator Programs, Techstars Corporate Innovation Partnerships, and the Techstars Venture Capital Fund. Techstars Mentorship-Driven Accelerator Program supercharges success and Techstars Startup Programs inspire, educate and connect entrepreneurs. Techstars Venture Capital Fund invests in the most innovative and disruptive Techstars companies to fuel their success. Techstars Corporate Innovation Partnerships helps brands create world-changing products and services. Techstars accelerator portfolio includes more than 1,600 companies with a market cap of $10.0 billion. www.techstars.com
Techstars is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental handicaps or disabilities, marital status, Veteran status, sexual orientation, nor any other basis prohibited by law.