The Accounts Receivable Coordinator is responsible for all aspects of student accounts. This position is responsible for maintaining processes and communicating with other functional areas of the University (such as Registrar, Financial Aid, Collections and Student Support) to ensure that student charges and payments on accounts are handled in a timely and accurate manner.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Develops and maintains a productive relationship with Financial Aid, Accounting and Registrar teams in order to determine accuracy of student accounts.
- Complete weekly and monthly reconciliation reports between student accounts and banking data.
- Responsible for posting payments, reconciling payments and application of payments posted to student accounts.
- Disburse all financial aid and third-party funds to student accounts. Process any required adjustments to student accounts. Reconcile Department of Education monies with Financial Aid to verify that no excess cash exists. Post University fees and fines to student accounts.
- Review student account history in combination with pending financial aid to determine eligibility for a Book Advance.
- Performs closing daily cashiering sessions, and processes feed reports via the Banner finance module.
- Process student refunds in a timely manner, and verify that student refunds are correct prior to processing.
- Performs cashiering and refund functions and provide support to the AR-Cash team on a daily basis.
- Provides student support and responds to student and staff inquiries via Onyx and other CRM tools.
- Other duties as required.
- Associate's degree in Business with a focus on Accounting preferred.
- At least three years Accounts Receivable experience required, preferably in a university setting.
- Working knowledge of Banner required.
- Knowledge of Banner Colleague software a plus.
- Firm understanding of Title IV regulations is preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Windows, Word and Excel.
- Must be a self-starter, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize assignments and meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal, written, and organizational skills required.