Seasonal Cafe Associate job in Norwich
Café Associate - Norwich, VT - Seasonal
Reports to Café Manager
This position is in our Café where you spend your days in a fast-paced environment, while enthusiastically delivering great service to our customers, engaging with, educating, and inspiring them in support of our brand and mission. As a café associate, you are an ambassador for King Arthur Flour, sharing an enthusiasm for our artisan food and coffee. You will join a customer-focused team where work is fun, giving our customers an exceptional experience.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION
- Greeting and acknowledging customers when they approach the café.
- Providing a positive experience for each customer specific to their needs.
- Assisting customers in their selections, through full knowledge of all menu items.
- Processing sales transactions at the register.
- Maintaining the café's appearance by straightening, cleaning, and replenishing as needed.
- Efficient use of the barista machine and knowledge of the gourmet coffee menu.
- Receiving and restocking of deliveries as needed using proper inventory rotation.
- Rotating through all areas in the cafe (barista, cashier, server).
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proficient with barista equipment
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends
- Ability to work in a fast paced high volume environment
- Positive attitude
- 1-2 years’ experience in a retail/food service related field
- Experience with Barista equipment
- Footwear must be closed toed, non-slip shoes
- Socks must be worn
- Long pants required
- Clean King Arthur Flour T-shirt (provided) or approved clothing
- Clean black apron (provided)
- Hairnet or hat must be worn
- Ability to remain standing for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs