Account Manager, Central Region (TX) job in Houston
|Company Type:||Certified B Corporation|
|Job Type:||Finance & Accounting|
|Experience:||Manager (Manager/Supervisor of Staff)|
|Impact Area:||Economic Development|
|Company Name:|| Bob Barker Company|
|State / Province:||Texas (TX)|
|Zip / Postal Code:||77001|
Houston, TX 77001, USA (Show on map)
This Position Is Located In The Field: Texas
Under the direction of the Regional Sales Manager, the Account Manager is responsible for initiating significant activity relating to the assigned, which impact achievement of BBC sales goals and provide for growth and development of the customer’s business.
• Initiates customer focused promotional planning and general sales activities designed to achieve sales targets.
• Achieves rapid distribution of new BBC items in assigned accounts.
• Develops account forecasts for overall volume planning, as well as new item selling activities within appropriate lead times.
• Works with designated resources to accomplish appropriate business objectives. These resources include but are not limited to:
o Hunter position.
o Pricing Analyst.
o Pricing Czar.
o Sales Operations/Field Promotion.
o Customer Service Group.
• Executes promotion planning and sales activities directed toward mutually profitable business growth with assigned accounts.
• Initiates and maintains communications designed to support account trends and highlight business opportunities with accounts.
• Promotes and sells company products through direct customer contacts within assigned territory. Schedules sales calls and email.
• Travels regionally to support sales efforts up to 70% of the job; the balance is accomplished via daily outbound phone calls and email.
• Identifies prospective customers, determine customer needs, understanding of industry, completes sale of products/services, and complies information on competitive products.
• Negotiates pricing and quoting autonomy in time sensitive situations.
• This position is characterized by a sustained record of sales achievement and complete knowledge of the organization’s policies, products, and/or services.
• This is a customer-facing position requiring 2 years direct sales experience and customer ownership. In addition, experience must include working in a team environment, working to a work plan, and giving input to and executing strategic sales plan objectives.
• Candidate must be driven and aggressive with the ability to work independently.
• Meet or exceed sales goals including sales, margin, innovation, and OO targets.
• Daily and customer visits to grow sales per company guidelines.
• Grow existing customer base while establishing and developing new customers.
• Learn and be able to effectively sell BBC’s product line including features and benefits (existing and new products).
• Effectively and efficiently make professional presentations to customers.
• Provide Pricing Analyst and Pricing Specialist with required information to efficiently price and win business.
• Execute company guidelines, directives, and standards.
• Provide through proper channels voice of the customer insight regarding market, products, and opportunities.
• Effectively performs administrative tasks related to overall account management including but not limited to:
o Clearing back order
o Order processing and exceptions
• BS/BA in business related curriculum or equivalent experience required.
• Minimum 3-5 years in field sales with a minimum of two years in direct account headquarter selling activity.
• Ability to travel 75% of the time. Overnight travel is required.
• High Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
• Presentation and PowerPoint Skills.
This description is based on management’s assessment of the requirements and functions of the job as of the date this descriptions was prepared. It is a general guideline for managers and employees, but it does not purport to be an exhaustive list of all of the elements of the job. Management reserves the right to modify the description at any time or to vary the duties and responsibilities of the job on a temporary or indefinite basis to meet production, scheduling, or staffing needs.
Bob Barker Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Bob Barker Company is a drug free workplace, with pre-employment drug screening required. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, reference check and E-Verify.
Qualified applicants will be required to take and pass Bob Barker Company's elected testing as a part of the selection process.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).