Maintenance Tech I job in Fuquay-Varina
|Company Type:||Certified B Corporation|
|Job Type:||Skilled Trades|
|Company Name:|| Bob Barker Company|
|State / Province:||North Carolina (NC)|
|Zip / Postal Code:||27526|
Fuquay Varina, NC, USA (Show on map)
The Maintenance Mechanic will work closely with our operation teams to advance our journey towards a proactive GMP manufacturing environment. They will also troubleshoot and resolve reactive manufacturing and mechanical/electrical problems and provide general maintenance to the plant.
The candidate must have knowledge of radio frequency welding equipment, industrial sewing machines, and miscellaneous manufacturing equipment (conveyors, fork trucks, racking, etc). Candidate must be Electrically and Mechanically inclined. Candidate must understand the principles of preventative maintenance and desire improvements to realize GMP manufacturing state.
The candidate is enthusiastic and eager which is seen in their enjoyment and interest at work. The candidate is a team player that strives to support unity within the Bob Barker Company. The candidate is detail oriented which is seen in how they carry out a given task.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and the noise level is frequently loud.
• Perform routine preventive maintenance within target service level and standard.
• Manually dismantles defective machines or electronic components for repairs.
• Installs and repairs electrical and electronic components.
• Installs, programs or repairs automated machinery and equipment.
• Inspects and measures parts to detect wear, misalignment or other problems.
• Initiates purchase order for parts and/or machines.
• May serve as a liaison with vendors.
• Visually and/or manually inspects machines and equipment to locate malfunctions.
• Reads blueprints, ladder logic, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic schematics.
• Design basic plans for simple machines and components.
• Prepare detailed documentation of machinery (drawings, schematics, etc.)
• Key contributor on safety and production improvement project teams as appropriate.
• Follows all safety and personal protective equipment’s guidelines and procedures.
• Improve efficiencies and initiate continuous improvement efforts.
• Conduct failure analysis and research options utilizing RCCA methodology.
• Maintain / organize documents and procedures for calibration, PM’s, and breakdowns.
• Have knowledge working on (screening equipment, oven, basic plumbing and HVAC.
• Maintain outside grounds to include grass cutting, trimming shrubbery, pine straw, etc.
• Schedule fire protection inspections and provide documentation of results.
• Participate in any regulatory inspections from various organizations.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• 3 to 5 years maintenance experience, preferably in GMP manufacturing.
• Experience with hand and power tools.
• Experience managing vendors.
• Advanced computer proficiency, preferably experienced with Office 365 and Zendesk.
• Advanced knowledge of fire systems and generators.
• Experience reading technical drawings and schematics. Strong reading and math skills.
• Knowledge in electrical/electronics, PLCs, A/C and D/D motors, drives and controls.
• Ability to communicate efficiently both verbal and written and work in a flexible team environment.
• Available for after-hours and weekend on-call services.
• Forklift Certification (in house).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel or crouch; and talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to walk, lift and manipulate 70 lbs. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.