Apply at www.drbronner.com/careers
OVERVIEW & JOB SUMMARY
The Inside Sales representative is responsible for achieving sales targets and goals in the Canada region as determined by Sales and Marketing Management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The following duties and responsibilities are those considered to be essential but do not represent all job functions that may be required to be performed by this position. Other comparable duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
Makes outbound sales calls to existing and potential customers in an established Inside Sales Territory by telephone and e-mail, presenting and selling branded product objectives as determined by Sales and Marketing.
Attains and exceeds outbound call objectives (sales goals and call quotas). Responsible for meeting daily sales call volume (e.g., 50-60 calls). Spends a minimum of 70% of work time on sales phone calls. Responsible for achieving monthly/quarterly/yearly sales objectives as set forth by sales and marketing, while creating, building and maintaining business relationships.
Investigates and resolves any retailer questions and problems related to products, transactions and fulfillment (samples, literature, merchandising support. etc.), though may need some assistance from shipping, customer service, Sales Manager or others to resolve some issues. Is able to explain product usage, efficacy and ingredients.
Educates and overcomes objections of prospective customers. Emphasizes product features, offers promotional deals and can quote wholesale pricing and retail pricing as well as appropriate discounts in place.
Generates and submits turnover sales orders to each distributor accordingly.
Enters and updates any changes regarding retailer sales database. May travel to and attend trade shows, as needed.
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner if needed will relay information to Customer Service. May also transfer some customer service issues to an appropriate customer service representative.
Builds personalized sample/literature packages for retailers upon request.
Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs;
Responds to requests for service and assistance; - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
This position will interact closely and/or frequently with the Inside Sales Manager, Vice President of Global Sales, Assistant to Inside Sales Manager, retailers and distributor representatives.
Minimum: Associate's degree (A.S. or A.A.) and 2+ years related experience and/or training
Preferred: AA degree with 2+ years’ tele sales experience or related sales experience, ideally in a tele sales environment.
Any combination of educational and work experience that would be equivalent to the stated minimum requirements would qualify for consideration of this position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Maintain a high degree of confidentiality over all matters in the course of business operations including customer and employee information.
Ability to work quickly, accurately, independently and to anticipate needs and solve problems.
Mathematical skills and ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, rates, ratios, common fractions, and decimals.
- Computer Skills to perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Contact Management systems; Database software; Internet software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software. Advanced knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) preferred. Knowledge of Goldmine and Quotewerks a plus.
- Written & Verbal Communication - Writes and speaks clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information in English. Able to speak well to a diverse group of individuals in a manner to be understood and that represents the company well.
- Teamwork - Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Contributes to building a positive team spirit. Leadership - Accepts feedback from others. Quality Management - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Works with a spirit of enthusiasm, teamwork, cooperation and a sense of urgency.
- Attendance & Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time. Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments. Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Presents ideas and information in a constructive manner.
- Self-starter organized and highly motivated. Must enjoy interacting with customers via the phone. Outstanding interpersonal and verbal communication skills. Superior telephone selling skills. Ability to manage multiple tasks at once. Ability to be flexible and self-sufficient. Positive attitude, self-motivated, confident and competitive. Ability to work within a team environment, belonging to a larger sales force team. Strong initiative with a strong desire to succeed. Sales and goal oriented. Strong closing skills necessary. Results-driven with proven ability to sell and project a positive, enthusiastic and professional attitude.
Tools and Equipment Used
Standard office equipment including telephone, multi-function copier, and personal computer.
Must have reliable transportation and possess and maintain a valid California driver’s license including proof of personal vehicle insurance coverage and insurability under the Company’s insurance carrier standards.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL & ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
Perform work in a climate controlled office setting
Sit, stand, walk, bend, kneel and uses hands, arms and legs for dexterity and balance frequently
Occasionally lifts, carries and balances objects weighing up to 25 pounds
Pulls and pushes such objects as file drawers, loaded carts, audio/visual equipment, computers and similar office equipment and supplies
Prioritizes and multi-tasks work and projects requiring good memory , concentration and analytical thinking
Occasionally is required to perform the safe operation of a vehicle, office equipment and machines, and recognize and abate safety hazards within the workplace
Must be able to hear, see including distinction of colors, read and communicate verbally and in writing frequently with a wide range of people from divergent socio-economic backgrounds and origins
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.