Sustainability Intern job in Boise
Vacancy has expired
About Us: Mom-founded and -operated, Happy Family is a mission-based business changing the way we feed our children and addressing the growing health issues linked to childhood nutrition. Launched on Mother’s Day 2006 as Happy Baby, we’ve grown up into Happy Family and offer a comprehensive, for-all-ages assortment of organic meals and snacks. As a baby food company, we take our responsibility to the planet very seriously, because we know our work is only important if our tiny customers have a healthy, happy world to grow up in.
Position Description: Are you seeking an internship in sustainability that will provide you with broad exposure to a corporate sustainability platform? Are you interested in working at a fast-moving, entrepreneurial CPG company that is a leader in their category? Are you passionate about saving the world? Happy Family has an exciting opportunity in Boise, Idaho for a dynamic individual to gain experience as a Sustainability Intern. This is a paid internship during the summer of 2018.
Responsibilities May Include:
1. Supporting initiatives of Happy Family’s 2020 Sustainability Roadmap, including best practices research, financial modeling, environmental analysis, and internal stakeholder engagement
2. Aiding in the development of a supplier engagement program, specifically focusing on developing tools and resources for manufacturing facilities
3. Furthering sustainable packaging strategy to develop an end of life strategy for all packaging formats
4. Collaborating with the Green Team to plan monthly engagement programming, write office newsletters, and report on social and environmental initiatives
• Pursuing a Master’s Degree in Business, Environmental Sustainability, Sustainable Development, Social Responsibility, Environmental Studies or similar sustainability-related field
• Prior sustainability-related experience/project work and established baseline knowledge of industry terminology and current best practices
• Ability to solve complex problems quickly and innovatively using excellent analytical skills
• Demonstrated ability to manage priorities across multiple projects, meet deadlines, and act proactively in a dynamic environment
• Excellent interpersonal, written, and presentation skills
Benefits & Perks:
• Weekly staff breakfasts, monthly volunteer outings and field trips
• Early release “Summer Fridays”
• Regular quirky office gatherings (“From the Garden” potlucks! Floating the Boise River!)
To Apply: Please submit your resume and cover letter telling us about yourself and why you are a great fit for Happy Family to Katie@happyfamilybrands.com.
Happy Family Brands values a diverse workforce. We are a women-founded company and are home to an internal team with a focus on creating an inclusive workplace. Women, people of color, people with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQ community are encouraged to apply.