Integrity Manager job in New York City
Kickstarter’s Integrity Team is looking for a manager and mentor with strong critical thinking and deduction skills, a knack for gathering information and spotting trends, and the creative initiative to help develop tools that identify and preempt threats to our ecosystem.
About the Team
You'll be joining Kickstarter's Integrity team, a collaborative group of people who are passionate about keeping the ecosystem safe and building trust within the community, which allows creative projects to flourish on our platform. We believe in clearly defined and evolving policies, open channels of communication within the team and across the organization, and the delicate balance required of maintaining both effective and efficient workflows.
About the Role
This position calls for strong leadership and communication skills, a love of solving puzzles, passion about cutting-edge policy and tools developments, and most importantly, a deep capacity for empathy.
In This Role, You Will:
- Lead the team’s daily work and longer term projects while maintaining open communication with direct reports, other Integrity managers, and the Director of Integrity.
- Shape and support a variety of community-facing and internal policies and procedures.
- Identify pain points and develop policies and product recommendations focused on building trust for both creators and backers, as well as protecting Kickstarter’s brand and ideals.
- Identify, analyze and prioritize operational improvement opportunities.
- Serve as an escalation point for the team and the company for challenging cases, which requires fluency in Integrity policies and case precedent.
- Advocate for Integrity-related issues through cross-functional projects at Kickstarter as well as with industry peers.
- You have a minimum of 2 years experience in people management.
- You have experience with increasing responsibility within a Trust & Safety team.
- You are a fair judge who keeps a level-head and seeks elegant solutions.
- You are a curious, quick learner and problem-solver.
- You have passion and enthusiasm for Kickstarter’s mission to support the arts.
- You have experience with data analysis, including familiarity with SQL.
Kickstarter is an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to fight for equality, we work to ensure a fair and consistent interview process. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to an inclusive work environment.