GENERAL SUMMARY:We seek a dynamic and resourceful Manager, Alumni Programs to work in our Baltimore location as a member of the Walden University Marketing Team, reporting to the Director of Alumni Relations.
The Manager, Alumni Programs will be responsible for conceptualizing, promoting, and executing strategic marketing plans that increase alumni awareness and connectivity via affinity groups and special interests. This role is anchored by exceptional customer service and leverages innovative marketing practices to energize new graduates and existing alumni within key Walden industries such as educators, nurses, counselors, and business leaders. He or she will also lead thought leadership efforts by engaging past and current winners of university alumni awards such as the Outstanding Alumni Award, Here for Good Award (Laureate), and the Presidential Alumni Research Dissemination Award (for doctoral alumni).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:Responsibilities include:
- Develop retention marketing plans with strategic goals and performance metrics for alumni with similar degree programs, occupations, and professional interests such as award winners, teachers, Latin honors, nurses, social workers, doctoral alumni, African-American alumni, Latino alumni, lifelong learners, fraternities/sororities, and new graduates (e.g. Class of 2017) to build communities of practice. Host online networking events, community service opportunities, industry-based communications, and social networking experiences for participating alumni. Assume accountability for budgets and resources.
- Design a suite of affinity marketing initiatives to energize and connect alumni populations of influence. Manage and market alumni tuition savings offers for lifelong learners to new and existing graduates. Act as a key contributor and co-lead to the college initiatives committee of the emerging alumni council. Recruit and staff committee chairs and co-chairs. Develop and facilitate virtual and in-person committee meetings and partner with the affinity groups to host/sponsor Walden activities. Work with alumni who serve on college advisory boards and recommend new participants as needed.
- Partner with faculty, field experience, honor societies, public relations, university events, academic residency, social media, career services, CAO’s office, and other teams to involve alumni affinity groups in Walden experiences that reinforce our brand. Retain affinity group history/milestones (i.e. 1st or 100th member) and build campaigns for future engagement.
- Identify emerging university groups for increased alumni engagement and develop a 3-year growth plan to create new groups annually based on participation metrics, business/enrollment factors, faculty and student representation, and opportunities to raise brand awareness. Establish a digital alumni presence for each affinity group (web, FB, LinkedIn, online community groups, etc.).
- Create and execute incentive campaigns to recognize active and consistent participation. Develop marketing campaigns to showcase alumni affinity groups to current and prospective students, faculty, and staff. Capture and report engagement metrics that measure group efforts, inform communications plans, and show ROI.
- Explore and identify gaps in each group’s experience and/or find creative ways to promote and optimize services/support that can raise participation. Recommend and nominate highly-motivated alumni for advanced leadership positions and recognition. Develop and manage bios, articles, videos, print collateral and other marketing assets of affinity group leaders, new graduates, and award winners.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Minimum 10 years marketing experience.
- Bachelor's degree required. MBA strongly preferred.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, matrixed environment. Excels in data-driven based decision making.
- B2C marketing experience with strong oral, presentation, and written communications skills.
- Experience interpreting and utilizing market research, competitive intelligence, and business analytics.
- Fluent knowledge of content marketing, online media, industry and marketing trends, tradeshows, alumni relations, event planning, and social media metrics.
- Able to obtain an in-depth understanding of company business plans, strategies, and processes.
- Exceptional problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills.
- Strong ability to understand high-level foresight and execution/measurement of marketing plans.
- Strong leadership and relationship-building skills. A good listener, collaborator, and influencer.