Community Growth Manager job in New York
Vacancy has expired
NationSwell is a leading social impact media company. We’re a platform for problem-solvers, and our mission is to power the solutions and innovations that will move our country forward. We advance the mission through a digital media platform that tells powerful, authentic human stories of problem-solvers and reached 275M+ impressions with our content; through the NationSwell Council – a special membership community of more nearly 800 service-minded leaders who share a passion for service, for taking action around solutions, and for collaborating and supporting each other – the Council was mentioned in this recent article in The Atlantic as A Cure for Post-Election Malaise; and our Impact Studio, where we work with mission-aligned companies like Starbucks, Seventh Generation, Comcast, Toyota and many more to support and amplify their social impact efforts through story-telling, digital distribution, and creative impact campaigns.
We’re passionate about telling the stories of creative solutions that bridge the opportunity divide, promote national service, protect the environment, and make government work. We love our team, too, and show it with competitive salaries, a flexible and remote working environment, an amazing culture, and a strong dedication to our mission.
We’re looking for an innovative, service-minded, and results-oriented sales professional to join NationSwell as a Curation Manager. This individual will contribute significantly to the growth and evolution of the NationSwell Council (NSC) - an incredible membership community of service-minded leaders. Take a look at some of our members.
The right colleague will have demonstrated success in a sales role (either B2B or B2C), confidence and skill in communicating with high-level + senior stakeholders, the desire to build relationships and a strong professional network, a passion for social impact + a familiarity with the field, and an enthusiasm for a fast-paced start-up environment.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Generating revenue for NationSwell via individual (B2C) and institutional (B2B) member sales
- Leading the recruitment of NSC members via outbound channels (strategic outreach, attending events, leveraging partnership networks, etc.)
- Managing a high volume of daily, weekly + monthly calls and meetings with prospective members
- Identifying and vetting individuals and organizations who would add value to the NSC community
- Collaborating closely with other colleagues who contribute to - and support - member growth
- Acting as an ambassador for NationSwell and our vision of creating a community in service of positive social impact
- Delivering on monthly member outreach, call, and revenue targets
- Taking on and executing various other projects across the Council, given interests + priorities
A strong candidate will have:
- An eagerness for growing a community – You believe in NationSwell’s mission and the power of community, you are thrilled to identify individuals that will create shared value with the NSC.
- Boundless energy and enthusiasm – You are on the front lines and understand that you are an important voice and ambassador for NationSwell.
- An entrepreneurial and adaptable mindset – You are equally motivated and productive when working solo as you are when collaborating with a dynamic team.
- A great sense of humor and demonstrable passion for social impact – What can we say? It’s the backbone of how we work and what we do.
- 2-5 years in sales role and familiarity with systems and tools such as: Salesforce, PersistIQ, Boomerang, LinkedIn, or other platforms.
- Highly results-oriented and driven self-starter with a proven track-record for meeting/exceeding sales and target goals
- Superior verbal, written, interpersonal, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced, fast growing for-purpose social enterprise
- Ability to work independently or remotely, as well as collaborate as part of a team
- Strong and effective communicator with internal staff and external members and prospects