Content Strategist job in Brattleboro
Vacancy has expired
We are looking for an imaginative Content Strategist to craft original approaches to messaging. This person will develop content strategies intended for paid, earned, and owned media channels. A content strategy is the central messaging theme that moves a consumer from one state to another.
While this person will be on the Marketing Team, he/she will work closely with the Creative Team to identify marketing opportunities within brand guidelines. They will also contribute to the analysis of creative content across various mediums. This role works with a team of hardworking experts with various skillsets.
The ideal candidate is a natural at brainstorming creative ideas with experience developing a holistic digital content strategy based on long term goals. They will be adaptable when new opportunities arise, and are adamant about maintaining brand consistency.
This person reports directly to the Marketing Director at Mondo. This is a full-time, 40-hour-a-week position. It includes health and retirement benefits, paid vacation and sick days, paid holidays, and flex time.
Improve the quality and diversity of messaging, rooted in data
Maintain efficient and constructive workflow between Marketing and Creative Teams by insulating the data-centric Marketing Team members from the Creative Team producers.
Ensure that content adheres to brand safety requirements
- Develop strategic content plans that meet client needs and goals, and fulfill those plans through carefully calculated campaigns
- Conduct and contribute creative ideas to brainstorms
- Expand selected concepts into usable content strategies
- Translate strategies into creative briefs for the Creative Team’s use
- Facilitate production to maintain a high standard of quality content
- Identify opportunities where content is needed
- Review creative; monitor voice and tone to ensure consistency throughout all marketing channels. Ensure that creative is always following guidelines set by marketing strategy.
- Work with Creative Team early in website development projects to design user-friendly, SEO-friendly, strategy-adherent site maps.
- Review the front-end and back-end content of existing websites to determine what is and is not transferable to a new site.
- Based on client-specific strategy and industry-specific best practices, design website content structures that achieve clients’ business goals and Mondo’s marketing goals.
- Assist the Creative Team in designing the front-end of websites that, from a content perspective, function well and look great.
- Contribute to performance analysis of creative content
- Assist the analyst in reviewing the performance of campaigns; use performance data to optimize campaigns and inform future campaigns
- Stay current on the latest, proven digital marketing techniques and apply them to our clients' campaigns when appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Marketing or Communications) or equivalent experience.
- 1-2 years of Marketing, Branding, or Social Media experience.
- Interest in creative writing or storytelling
- Exceptional communications ability in-person, on the phone, and through email.
- Experience with modern marketing platforms, particularly WordPress, MailChimp, Facebook, or similar.
- Deep understanding of digital marketing, including common channels, tactics, and goals.
- Experience reviewing and presenting marketing reports
Cultural Qualifications (things you must be)
- Inquisitive and energetic - curiosity is key to creativity in this role.
- A fast learner - the marketing and creative industries move quickly and you are eager to stay ahead of the game.
- A team player - working closely together is important for our small and growing company
- Reliable, empathetic, and trustworthy
- Attentive, observant, and self-motivated
- Able to self-manage your project/task list
- A consistent collaborator
- Proficient with the use of technology
- A strong written and verbal communicator
- A contributor to building strong Vermont communities
Mondo Mediaworks, Inc. is a digital marketing agency based in Brattleboro, Vermont. We specialize in creative content for the web, and use integrated strategies to turn consumers into happy customers.
Our mission at Mondo Mediaworks is to build community through economic development. As a small businesses, we’re proud to play a big role in our thriving local community by providing quality jobs and supporting the people and organizations around us. Additionally, Mondo Mediaworks is a Certified B Corporation®. We’re committed to using our business as a force for good by prioritizing the social and environmental performance of our business in addition to its financial performance.
Both a resume and cover letter are required in this application.