Mondo is searching for a Media Specialist to join our growing Marketing Team; this role is responsible for building and managing paid, owned, and earned media campaigns.
The Media Specialist must be technically-minded and systematic, but also relentlessly curious about “the next big thing”. In this position, it pays to be a perfectionist.
This person reports directly to the Marketing Director at Mondo.
This is a full-time, 40-hour-a-week position. It includes health and retirement benefits, paid vacation and sick days, paid holidays, and flex time.
The objective of this role is to build, monitor, and optimize campaigns through various mediums to meet certain milestones. This person will be responsible for setting and fulfilling measurable campaign performance goals, as well as advising the rest of the team of the technical capabilities and limitations of each platform.
- Build, monitor, and optimize paid media campaigns using prepared marketing strategies.
- Build digital advertising campaigns in Google AdWords, Facebook Ads, and similar platforms.
- Configure optimal campaign targeting, budgetary, timing, and optimization settings based on marketing strategy.
- In collaboration with Analysts, evaluate performance of campaigns, perform optimizations and experiments, and suggest modifications to campaign strategy based on significance of data.
- Maintain and update campaign schedules and budgets to reflect projected and actual spend, and document campaign history.
- Prepare and publish owned media components.
- Use a visual editor to build, edit, and publish pages on websites.
- Manage our website hosting platform, performing technical updates where appropriate, and maintain a knowledge of current internet security practices and SSL certificates.
- Increase inbound marketing visibility by managing keyword lists, adding meta descriptions and alt text to the backend of websites, setting up redirects, and implementing new techniques that improve search engine ranking and page authority. Lead Team Mondo towards a fully integrated understanding of SEO on both the technical and content sides.
- Educate clients on website technicalities when called upon.
- Schedule and launch organic social media posts and email blasts as necessary.
- Identify and consult on opportunities to solicit or respond to earned media.
- Monitor social media channels for places to capitalize on an existing conversation. Work with the Creative Team to address these opportunities in a timely manner.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (preferably in Marketing or Communications)
- 1 to 3 years digital advertising experience or background in data analysis, statistics, marketing, or business administration.
- Understanding of the data capabilities of Google Analytics
- Familiarity with ad platforms, particularly Google AdWords and Facebook Ads Manager, and email platforms like MailChimp.
- High comfort level with the WordPress backend and general comfort with popular CMS
- Working knowledge of Google’s indexing system and interest in website ranking algorithms
Cultural Qualifications (things you must be)
- Reliable and trustworthy.
- Attentive, observant, and self-motivated.
- Consistent collaborator.
- Proficient with the use of technology.
- Able to self-manage your project/task list
- Familiar with the principles of advertising.
- Up to date on marketing trends and media platforms.
- Exceptional communications ability in-person, on the phone, and through email.
- A contributor to building strong Vermont communities.
Mondo Mediaworks, Inc. is a digital marketing agency based in Brattleboro, Vermont. We specialize in creative content for the web, and use integrated strategies to turn consumers into happy customers.
Our mission at Mondo Mediaworks is to build community through economic development. As a small businesses, we’re proud to play a big role in our thriving local community by providing quality jobs and supporting the people and organizations around us. Additionally, Mondo Mediaworks is a Certified B Corporation®. We’re committed to using our business as a force for good by prioritizing the social and environmental performance of our business in addition to its financial performance.
Both a resume and cover letter are required in this application.