Fors Marsh Group (FMG) is an applied research consulting firm based in Northern Virginia. Our primary mission is to leverage insights from the social sciences to improve organizational decision-making. As a thriving small business, we are committed to providing growth opportunities to our employees, expanding their areas of competence, and challenging them to provide the best possible research for our clients.
FMG is seeking an intelligent and motivated Data Analyst Manager to lead a survey research team responsible for frame management, sample management, and final data set creation for large, multi-modal survey efforts. This individual’s primary responsibility will be the management of a team of analysts who are tasked with providing clean respondent lists for sampling, mail file creation, and final recoded data files used for weighting, analysis, and reporting. The role will focus on data integrity, data cleanliness, and the ability to recode and manipulate data in a manner that meets specific project goals and requirements. The manager of this team will be responsible for project management, training and mentoring junior staff members, process and procedure development and maintenance, and final quality control of all team deliverables. This job is best suited for an individual who has experience working with large data sets, is detail-oriented, and has strong data and people management skills.
- Leading a team that is responsible for cleaning and recoding data sets and sample frames for use in research. Typical data sets include surveys with complex logic and branching, and typical frame data includes large amounts of personally identifiable information (PII).
- Collaborating with clients and internal analysis teams to obtain a detailed understanding of the data requirements necessary for the sampling, weighting, and analysis of data. Consolidating and synthesizing information gathered to develop and disseminate appropriate project planning and documentation to the analyst team.
- Providing project management for a team that is responsible for the delivery of error-free final deliverables across a large number of concurrent projects in a timely and accurate fashion. Organizes team task assignments and designs project workflow with appropriate checkpoints built in for manager and senior analyst review at key quality control checkpoints, or when data issues or ambiguous situations arise.
- Providing leadership and decision-making for the team when data issues or ambiguities are identified by determining the root cause of the problem and working closely with project team and/or the client to recommend and execute corrective action.
- Ensuring data integrity and compliance with required standards by creating, maintaining, and enforcing data set creation and quality control procedures for all data set development tasks.
- Training and mentoring staff in proper data handling techniques, syntax creation, proper quality control procedures and documentation, safe PII handing, and problem-solving that is required when working with large, complex data sets.
- Identifying reviews and evaluating data collection metrics and current data set creation procedures. Recommends tangible ways to strengthen data integrity through clear and effective code and syntax, process improvement, and staff development and training.
- Handling competing managerial, project management, and quality control demands while maintaining excellent attention to detail.
- BA/BS in statistics, mathematics, social science, or a related field is required.
- At least four years of on the job experience working with data sets or databases.
- At least two years of supervisory experience, including leading a team, cultivating a productive work environment, and developing team members through coaching, mentoring, and on-the-job training.
- At least two years of project management experience, including managing multiple schedules and deliverable deadlines across several projects and clients.
- Strong quantitative ability and a keen eye for detail and accuracy, previous experience in quality control and data set/database creation required.
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple, time-sensitive priorities with minimal direction and supervision.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Previous experience programming/writing syntax in statistical software packages with strong preference for candidates who have experience in both SPSS and Stata.
- Applicants may be subject to a low-level government security investigation and must meet eligibility criteria for access to sensitive information.
- A highly collegial and intellectually stimulating work environment.
- A company culture promoting work–life balance.
- Highly competitive benefit and compensation packages
FMG Is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity